[SOLVED] Stuck at Step3 with Prestashop and Mamp

I was searching for the topic and found some posts. But nothing helped

Im running the installation of Prestashop 1.4.4. on a Mac with MAMP. Everything works fine: I created a

database with a new with all privileges. Prestashop advises that the database has been found, but the installation does not go on to the next step. No errormessage. Any help?

Thanks

My PrestaShop Installation also stucks at step 3 (System Configuration) step.

I have test it on all available major browsers IE, Firefox & Chrome; and installed many times from zero.

But problem not solved.

Why Prestashop team says "Current version: PrestaShop v.1.4.4.0 (stable)" <_<

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi everybody, same problem.... installing version 1.4.4.0 on LOCAL... I'm stuck at step "Shop Configuration"

everything is done correctly

I'm using Php 5.x

tried both WampServer2.1e-x32 and Xampp 1.7.4 and tried both Windows 7 and XP

what might I do?

thanks

I've been stuck on Step 2 of the install all damn day - and tried everything under the sun to get it to work. No dice.

I suspect that the problem is with the jquery & ajax installation app (i.e. the 'spinning circle' on install) - but I've looked through the changelog and find nothing to indicate any recent bug fixes.

Have no idea. But it's obvious the installer isn't working like it should.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, I'm having a problem with mines also. on the bottom of the page it says:

Warning: stream_context_create() has been disabled for security reasons in/www/blah.org/b/m/w/blahsite/htdocs/blahfolder/install/index.php on line 765

how can i fix this problem? thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The only error I'm getting is a 404 error on "Failure to load| /install/bg-contentTitle.png"

And to find the error specifically, I'm using Google Chrome Developer tools/Javascript console.

Hi,

I double-checked this error in /install/view.css for these revisions:

- prestashop_1.4.4.0.zip

- prestashop_1.4.4.1.zip

- current SVN version

For all of them, the path is correct:

background:#cfcfcf url(img/bg_moduleTable_th.png) repeat-x 0 0;

Then I checked prestashop_1.4.3.0.zip however this file wasn't existing yet for this version.

I double-checked with Firebug (on Firefox) and the Chrome developer toolbar. All networks call are "200 OK".

Can you make sure you still have this error or copy/paste your version of view.css + a screenshot of Chrome?

Regards,

What solved my issue was to change Innodb to Myisam in the installation step, then everything went smooth...

Don't know the real difference of these two, but now I can at least use prestashop smile.gif

Hi Zapmore,

MyISAM: perfect for small hosting solutions and supported by nearly 100% of hosting providers.

InnoDB: newer than MyISAM, supported by 80% of hosting provider and faster than MyISAM in some cases. However, the database can be larger if you are using this mode.

You can easily know if you hosting provider is supporting InnoDB, following this process:

1. Go to your phpMyAdmin and click on the "Query" or "SQL" tab

2. Type: "SHOW VARIABLES"

3. Look for a line containing: "have_innodb"

This line will tell you "YES" or "NO".

Please can you double-check that your hosting provider doesn't support InnoDB? Because if it does, this would mean we have an error to fix in one of the SQL queries.

Lastly, we are re-designing entirely the installation process for v1.5, we will try to automatically detect if InnoDB is supported and will only display available options.

Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated :)

hello, I'm having a problem with mines also. on the bottom of the page it says:

Warning: stream_context_create() has been disabled for security reasons in/www/blah.org/b/m/w/blahsite/htdocs/blahfolder/install/index.php on line 765

how can i fix this problem? thanks in advance.

Hi,

I fixed all calls to this function, by adding an "@" which is preventing errors from being displayed. Please don't forget that you shouldn't enable the display of PHP errors, this is often breaks Ajax calls.

You can easily turn errors off, by editing this file "config/config.inc.php" on line 29:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

Replace "on" with "off". On the SVN version (for developers), errors are "on" by default. However, on the public version, they are "off".

Can you try this fix and let us know if it solved your issue?

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

You can easily know if you hosting provider is supporting InnoDB, following this process:

1. Go to your phpMyAdmin and click on the "Query" or "SQL" tab

2. Type: "SHOW VARIABLES"

3. Look for a line containing: "have_innodb"

This line will tell you "YES" or "NO".

Please can you double-check that your hosting provider doesn't support InnoDB? Because if it does, this would mean we have an error to fix in one of the SQL queries.

Hello there!

I've got the same problem on the title of this post. I'm using MAMP 2.0.3 and I run your 'test' and found

have_innodb YES

But, nothing happens. I'm trying to install v1.4.4.1 locally... I'm following this tutorial http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Getting+Started but the only change is I've picked spanish language (also my SQL db is in spanish).

I've also tried with MyISAM, basic mode... etc. The installation connects ok with the database (test passed)... I don't know what to do... I'm worried because I have to make a work ASAP and then upload it to a 1&1 server, but I need InnoDB because the website must work with a lot of data...

Please help!

I've get this error from javascript console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
http://localhost/test/install/model.php?_=1317725148484&method=createDB&tablePrefix=ps_&mode=full&type=MySQL&server=localhost&login=******&password=*******&engine=InnoDB&name=prestashop&language=0

And this one in php_error.log:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test/config/settings.inc.php on line 13

Any ideas? Syntax error?