Combinations - Showing only existing combinations in product page

Hi,

My shop uses a ton of attribute groups with each allot of attributes. My problem with this is that when i want to order a product it shows all the attributes even the ones that don't even apply to certain product (so invalid combinations)

example :

i got a flyer (like in commercial paper) which is A5 size , printed full colour and finished with UV coating.
but in the attribute groups there are also other finishes which don't apply to the A5 sized paper but he shows them anyway and showing a "non available" message if you make that combination. which leaves the customer to guess which are valid and which are not.

Question :

Does anybody know a way to only show VALID combinations apply to the product i have chosen? In other words to show only attributes valid to that product (not the whole list)

Thanks in advance

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1, I have (for example) some pipe with diametr D60 in 10m/box & pipe D30 in 50m/box & .... (else 8-12 pipes and boxes). User has to go through all the combinations until he finds a suitable? wouldn't want to create a separate product for each combination. Is there a any solution?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have this problem too : I want to avoid the message "this combination doesn't exist..." in the front office, so I would like the front office to display only existing combinations in the dropdown possibilities....

but the answer from Mike doesn't solve the problem...it is even off topic!

Any other idea ?

Edited by louissss (see edit history)

• 3 years later...