[solved] PayPal Officiel VS. PrestaShop Checkout built with PayPal

f1rollo

Hi,

There is a difference between "PayPal Officiel" and "PrestaShop Checkout built with PayPal" to receive Paypal/cards payment for merchants ?

As I receive phone calls (from UK to me in France) and emails imploring me to update my "PayPal Officiel" to "PrestaShop Checkout" that according to them is cheapper and up to date for legal regulations.

But service and price seam to be the same for the merchant (2.9% for paypal payment, 1.2% for card payment). My conclusion it's that there is two developpers and that one is trying to attract more users on its solution.

Does anyone know more ?

Edited by f1rollo
solved (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

My name is Daria, support manager in 202-ecommerce.

Your conclusion is absolutely correct :) You are not the first Paypal module user who wrote us with the same question.

To make it clear, the Paypal official module is always up-to-date, safe and secured, free to download and has many features to make the payment process faster and easier.

Also, the module doesn't take any additional fees, only helps to make the payment and pass the money from customer to seller in the shortest time possible.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to write our support team, we'll be glad to navigate you.

Regards, 

Daria 202-ecommerce

• f1rollo changed the title to [solved] PayPal Officiel VS. PrestaShop Checkout built with PayPal