Category with 250000 products and slowness

ikran

In prestashop I have a category with 250,000 products. When I click on the category, despite only showing 12 products per page, it opens very slowly compared to other categories with few products.
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed hosting, I switched to a dedicated server with 6GB of ram, all perfectly configured.
The website is very fast, all but the category with 250,000 products ...
Is it possible to increase the loading speed when moving from one page to the next of the same product category?

Did you asked for any slow query log? Run a  PHpx on it!

What is slow more exactly? 5s-10s-1 min? Can you be a little bit more specific? 

Are you using the standard Ps layered/faceted filter option or some module to generate the results? 

There are several filter modules with their own cache applied .

Any cart rules? 

My point is that the information shared is vague! If you could be more specific would help a  lot. at this stage we're not even sure if it's PS 1.5/1.6 or 1.7 ? 

You're talking about nvme but the processor info would be helpful as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:44 PM, SmartDataSoft said:

@El Patron

Which hosting company you suggest from your experience for nvme hardware

Thank you

sorry for tardy reply, I offer vps with nvme US based.  

ovh has (last I looked) vps nvme (they were first to do so, there may be new entrants)

https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/dedicated-servers  but their silver nvme looks to be unavailable but you can call.

other dedicated I've used with nvme was additional 200usd to existing hosting...

I work with some very demanding clients, so I have to be 'ahead' of the curve, you can/will spend a lot  of time money and make no progress trying to tune the application, i.e. PrestaShop.  also I mentioned tuning or have someone tune your mysql db, so few know to do this, I find that remarkable.  

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect,
I solved the problem of slow loading by dividing everything into different categories.
Thanks a lot to everyone for the suggestions.

P.S. Now I have another problem with the search, but for this I open a new ticket ...

Thanks again.

• Like 1