Fresh VPS + install 1.7.8.2 -> Server responded with 0 code

Hello,

I am at a loss here. We got a new VPS for PS custom development purposes: 4 gb RAM 2 CPU

When I install the latest prestashop, everything is fine, except that I cannot upload images or modules. It gives "Server responded with 0 code." after a while.

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40

Apache PHP 7.4.27 OR 7.3.33 (tried both)

There are no errors in the debug console, no errors in the logs ....

Installed an older version Prestashop (1.7.7); same issue. Then did 1-click upgrade; same problem.
I am expecting something in the hosting, but given the fact that we have a different PS version (1.7.6) already running with the same host, I doubt that.

What is new / who has any debugging ideas???

afbeelding.png.d98291493433e40e6a1319828ca2897e.png

Image (in this example wooden planks) hangs during upload and then goes to Server responded 0

afbeelding.png.0ccc9e365fafdb97b1dd56d4e3f4eab9.png

same for module

Hi GFX,

well this error can have different causes located in server configuration,

First you should check error log in your server!

But speculating on this behaviour:

if you are on Nginx or Apache maybe check proxy_connection_timeout for example...but also maximum files sizes allowed in php configuration ..upload_max_filesize to 16M!

Another cause can be Fileinfo Php extension missing/disabled ( is used to find out the type of uploaded file)...check if is enabled  in php.ini

extension=php_fileinfo.dll ( enabled)

;extension=php_fileinfo.dll ( disabled)

It's a server problem in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree that it feels like a server-side problem. We should be able to solve this, right?  I already played around with various settings based on the 1.7.6 config, but didn't seem to work in my hands! Here's a screenshot from my Plesk config right now (still throwing errors).
Just uploading an image in the other set-up only takes a second or so. Therefore I feel 30 secs should be sufficient. I did put it on 60, but the error remained.

PhpInfo is available to me; what should I look up?

afbeelding.png.28ae1d2a577df3e8f768fb5880552eb2.png

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion: fastCGI gives the same error

With regard to the image upload: When an image is selected, the progressbar quickly goes to "full blue". Then the AJAX request keeps pending (got debug on). Then it fails. There are no errors in the Plesk Logs (only access 200 entries). Same in Firefox and Chrome.

afbeelding.png.76bebc176210cc6fb4cf4106f33ed684.png

Edited by GFX_dev
posted at same time as El Patron (see edit history)

Playing around with some settings, when I enable PHP show errors, when I visit the backoffice now I get Warning on line 2509 in file /var/www/vhosts/*URLREMOVED*/httpdocs/classes/module/Module.php
[2] file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/views/templates/hook/HookDashboardZoneTwo.tpl) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/*URLREMOVED*/:/tmp/)

This is a clean install, so I don't quite understand why there would be a bug in Module.php?

SOLVED!! You wouldn't believe it, but trying it on a different laptop worked immediately.... and the only difference was BitDefender installed between the two computers. Yes, BitDefender somehow blocked this AJAX request / never allowed it to finish? I don't know, but that software is now gone and both laptops can now upload images.

This has been .. very .. annoying. First thing I'll do now is uninstall BitDefender when stuff gets weird. Thanks for the suggestions anyways; leaving this topic online so everyone can learn that Error code 0 can actually be caused by antivirus!