How to enable to SEO-friendly URLs in the site?

Toda

Good afternoon,

I am new to Prestashop. I want to get rid of id number from the URLs being generated on product and other pages. is there any way for me to enable seo-friendly URLs without id numbers? Although, I am able to see the SEO and URLs section I can not see where to enable to SEO friendly URLs.

My site address is http://aliyana53.sg-host.com/en/

In my opinion, there are quite a few issues with the existing URL of the site.  For example, it shows product page URL as follows.

/home/447-apio-hd-red-arm-front-for-jimny-ja12-ja22/

It should have been written as follows.

/apio-rear-hd-red-arm-for-jimny-ja12-ja22/

Can we achieve that objective?

Thanks and regards

Edited by Toda (see edit history)

SEO and URLs and move below to URL's scheme and set i.e {categories:/}{rewrite}.html for products url and {categories:/}{rewrite} for categories.

Best way is to use module for clean url. I.e this one: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/url-redirects/19643-advanced-seo-friendly-urls.html

Modules like that removes all ids, categories numbers and attributes from url.

• Like 1

Dear ComGrafPL,

Does it mean Prestashop is not yet mature enough to handle these issues natively?  They should have thought this issue from the begining instead of leaving it to module developers.

I tried to remove the IDs by pasting the code you have given me. But, it says the following.

Keyword "{id}" required for route "category_rule" (rule: "{categories:/}{rewrite}")

Keyword "{id}" required for route "product_rule" (rule: "categories:/}{rewrite}.html")

Keyword "{id_product_attribute}" required for route "product_rule" (rule: "categories:/}{rewrite}.html")

Anyways, thanks for willing to help.

Edited by Toda (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Toda said:

Dear ComGrafPL,

Does it mean Prestashop is not yet mature enough to handle these issues natively?  They should have thought this issue from the begining instead of leaving it to module developers.

I tried to remove the IDs by pasting the code you have given me. But, it says the following.

Keyword "{id}" required for route "category_rule" (rule: "{categories:/}{rewrite}")

Keyword "{id}" required for route "product_rule" (rule: "categories:/}{rewrite}.html")

Keyword "{id_product_attribute}" required for route "product_rule" (rule: "categories:/}{rewrite}.html")

If you need help with module, let me know. I could give you some helping hand. Send me private.

• Like 1

Just now, Toda said:

Dear ComGrafPL,

Just now, Toda said:

Thanks. But I have no plans to buy this expensive module.

I can solve the issue without any module, but I need to customize some classes and controllers.

/classes/

Dispatcher.php

Link.php

Tools.php

/controllers/front/

ProductController.php

CmsController.php

/controllers/front/listing/

CategoryController.php

ManufacturerController.php

Thanks.

Rhere are module solutions.  If you so not want module solution then you should forget modifying yourself, you will only cause issues with your shop.

Whether with module or do it yourself you are modifying core ps, I.e. remark is ps not mature enough the question is a friendlier url important, it is not especially now that avert platforms allows one to change displayed url.

Modules for friendlier urls were never a great idea but some advertising agencies recommend just to have something to recommend.

Closing this post.