How many visitors my store should handle ?

fraizor

Hello

I have one fashion store running PS 1.7

Usually we have around 10-20 active users at any given time (according to G analytics)

However when we do any sort of notification or sms marketing. The active users jumps to 100 - 150 at a sudden, stays like that for about an hour then goes back to normal.

image.png.61ffc9817c490cbf55716efba38cc19f.png

The issue is when we get around 60-70 users the whole website (FO and BO) function very slow and sometimes response timeout.

So clearly this numbers of visitors seems to be over the structure capacity

I asked some other store owners(that use Magento and woocommerce) they say that their websites can handle thousands of users without any noticeable performance loss.

My questions are:

1- Is it normal for PS stores to only handle 50 users  ?

2- How many users  Does your store handle max ? 

PS 1.7.6.9 

AWS VPS 2 GB ram dual core CPU

PHP 7.2

image.thumb.png.17503060f41c1ebacab1618c1b3c72f4.png

It depends on two factors:

- how many PHP processes you have available

- how much time a single process needs to generate a shop page

So you should optimize both your server resources and site generation time in order to squeeze the maximum out of PrestaShop. There is no such limit as "50 users max for PrestaShop", in general a web software depends on the server and it's own performance, that may be influenced by modules.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, Daresh said:

It depends on two factors:

- how many PHP processes you have available

- how much time a single process needs to generate a shop page

So you should optimize both your server resources and site generation time in order to squeeze the maximum out of PrestaShop. There is no such limit as "50 users max for PrestaShop", in general a web software depends on the server and it's own performance, that may be influenced by modules.

Thank you for your response 

- 20 php-fpm process, each process can handle 20 request.

- i should check from debug profile ? 

Did you enable the cache in the site. cache enable you to prevent call in mysql database. Secondly used optimised module which also a factor for site load. If any module call db frequently then it will hang.

Thirdly, which server you used is also a factor shared sever made many issue, they are unable to allocated resource when visitor increase.

Thank you

PS cache does not store mysql data.

Check max_connections.  I recommend contacting an agency who can review your hosting and recommend change to existing or better hosting 

Tip: hosting that supports nvme sdd will solve all issues.  I think over has vps with nvme.  We use ukfadt dedu aged nvme for many. Lights.

Also check your mysql config, they are out of the box not well configured.  You can use phpmyadmin to review stats.  

Another tip, u can spend a lot of time, money on trying to tune ps appl compared to havi g well formed hosting.

El