[Solved] Internet Explorer Shows Layout messed up, while firefox shows perfect.. USER INFO BLOCK

Well I thought I was done with this site until all of the sudden the header of the page started looking like crap only in Internet explorer, in Firefox it looks beautiful. See thumb below or the live site at: https://www.toolsupplycenter.com

Any suggestions?

help!!

Also the font size on my cart in both internet explorer and in fire fox is off.. crazy..

43421_9s42gmeCuWoLtNWyRNIN_t

43430_4yTRBbu4iYzK0JBxRuyt_t

I have tried reducing the logo width down to only 200 and header width, where is that modified?

I fixed the second problem already.. it was just a change of padding:

Line 356 of my themes global.css file to:
/*class table.std */
.std td,.std th { padding: 0.1em }

My site is up now.. unless your from a location other than the US.. it will only show up for USA users.

My site that is showing this error: www.ToolSupplyCenter.com it is the exact same template, same global css file and same superfishmodified.css file and block top menu file as www.DieselSurplusStore.com
but in IE DieselSurplus store is beautiful.. shows everything right.
in ToolSupplyCenter.com it is a mess.. See both websites.

the only difference is that ToolSupplyCenter has the products and categories loaded and has a different set of images on the right bar.. none of which should affect the block user info section.

This is a mess. I need HELP PLEASE.. It is fine in Firefox.. only messed up in IE.. tried version of IE 7, 8 and 9 and all show messed up.

• 2 weeks later...

/* block top user information */
#header_right #header_user {
float: right;
width: 535px;
text-align: right;
margin-right: 6px
}
#header_user p { color: #595a5e }
#header_user span { font-weight: bold }
#header_user ul { margin-top: 0.3em }
#header_user li {
line-height: 2em;
margin-left: 0.5em;
white-space: nowrap
}
#header_user #shopping_cart, #header_user #your_account { font-size: 0.9em }
#header_user li#your_account { margin-left: 0 }
#header_user #shopping_cart a, #header_user #your_account a {
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top left;
padding: 2px 0 4px 26px;
height: 20px;
text-decoration: none
}
#header_user #shopping_cart a { background-image: url('../../../img/icon/cart.gif') }
#header_user #your_account a { background-image: url('../../../img/icon/my-account.gif') }

This is my CSS Code.. where would I put that in?

I did the change and this is what happened after it restarted my machine.. now I can not undo the changes.. Here are the error messages in the back office;

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/4/4e876b9ad76bcb7706f0497d1867449b) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/7/7970d898e0180a2a3ce038f2de4deebc) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php:51) in /home/toolsupp/public_html/spsadmin/header.inc.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php:51) in /home/toolsupp/public_html/spsadmin/header.inc.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php:51) in /home/toolsupp/public_html/spsadmin/header.inc.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php:51) in /home/toolsupp/public_html/spsadmin/header.inc.php on line 32

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/6/6fbb4505d6688907aafae5ee8237b13b) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/9/972c830b0eb81d37730191fe7f1fe0d7) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/8/89023236e4e7def3950e770b7143b370) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php:51) in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/Cookie.php on line 301

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/4/4fac19fc8d1f8bb375bc4002729dcb85) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/4/47ab634d11988938171ff82b81624d3b) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

And these are the errors for the front office now:
Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/4/4e876b9ad76bcb7706f0497d1867449b) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/4/47d5fd8d2181d8a3aa8fb127c86d5705) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/3/3350edd7c1542ade99ed1f0dd969a508_nrows) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/1/192f1bc8449314acd4cf887274db0c59) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/0/09427758d5333312a4fa48b0250a8897) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/3/3c4ce890cc2bae791597cdec0ed51b42) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/3/35afa58af1083cdbdd2bd379f500ce43) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/1/1f2ce8e08f4e1df589516d710416d0b2) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/toolsupp/public_html/config/../cache/cachefs/1/118dd7e949800664a9a5cbcfd158242c) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toolsupp/public_html/classes/CacheFS.php on line 51

I restored the site now I am not messing with it.. not sure what that small change to the header did but I can not believe it should have caused all that mess.. bottom line.. I am done messing with it.. I just put links to account and log in pages on the top menu bar.. fixed it. Can not afford this site to be down now.

I contacted the host and they said some permission file just "went out of wack" from editing the CSS file?? I think what your saying makes more sense but they fixed it and now I did the change to the file and was able to get it back online..could not get it to sit up where it should though.

• 1 month later...

This sucks.. I got it to fit right but had to reduce my logo to only 450px wide.. very small.

Here is lines 214-236 of my global.css file with the corrections to make it work.. just in case anyone wants to try this solution:

#header_logo {
   float: left;
   margin-top: 10px;
   width: 425px;
   display:inline;
   overflow: hidden
}
img.logo {
   margin-top: 0.5em;
   font-size: 1em;
   font-weight: bold
}
#header_right {
   position: relative;
   top: 5;
   right: 20;
   margin-bottom: 1px;
   display: inline;

WAIT.. better.. was able to find why block user info was taking all the space.. inside the module folder blockuserinfo there is another blockuserinfo.css file that has to be edited to change the width to only 230

Then the global.css file should change to this..

#header_logo {
   width: 671px;
}
img.logo {
}
#header_right {
   display: inline

Then it is beautiful fat logo I love.. Tanks for the insight!~!

SOLUTION >
1. go to Themes>YOUR THEME NAME>css>Modules>BlockUserInfo>blockuserinfo.css and edit the width.. change it to only 200px.

2. go to Themes>YOUR THEME NAME>css>global.css and find these lines around 214 and and change to this:

#header_logo {
   width: 671px;
}
img.logo {
}
#header_right {
   display: inline
} 

Wa La layout now looks great!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree however my analytics tells me that 87% of my website hits are from users who like IE and use IE.. so I have to make it work man.. any responsible web developer has to make sure it works in all versions of browsers. It is a real pain though.. Microsoft is wimpy on that software!

• 1 month later...