Receive an Email for Each Newsletter Subscription

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to receive an email for each customer newsletter subscription. At the moment the only notification i get is from the backoffice, and i would also like to get those notifications via email (just like orders).

Thanks in advance,

Ricky.

newsletter, is this a quilting club?

the idea they must subscribe other than when non-logged is 'very dated', more modern is to receive 'notifications' which nobody every agrees to.

for those that purchase a product, that should inherently mean they are interested in future communications, the can of course opt out from there.

when considering how to present some 'native function' consider if that is even best practice, newletter as implemented in ps is not best practice, unless of course it's a club 

happy selling

pirate el

Hi @El Patron

You are right, i agree with you. But since my client has requested this feature (against my advise) i have to try to implement it.

Any idea how i could accomplish this?

I'm thinking in creating a scheduled task that would run every evening (lets say at 23:55), query the database for all the the newsletter subscriptions of that day and send an email with that information to the client. Does this sound like a good solution?

yes, modify the existing newsletter to send email, it would not be terribly difficult for developer, if you post in job offers and only pick someone with good reputation here, i.e. 100+ posts with 'likes' that could be way to go.

best to build a dev shop they can work with to prove their work before going to production.

if you are going to work for clients who have small request like this and you cannot make yourself then partner with freelancer you can trust to help else you will struggle in this business.

• Like 2