Error: Unfortunately, there are no carriers available for your delivery address.

zomex

Hello everyone,

I have about 30 countries activated on my prestashop and 1 carrier which is free shipping.

Every country is working apart from Canada & Australia. Both countries show the error: Unfortunately, there are no carriers available for your delivery address.

I have made sure these countries are activated and that the area is assigned to the carrier without luck.

Screenshots attached for a working country and Canada which shows the error.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

not working.png

working.png

47 minutes ago, PCQUATRO said:

Have you tried changing the zone of those countries or resave them?

Best regards

Hello my friend,

I have just tried this and the same issue remains:

- went to international > locations > deactivated and re-activated the zone
- went to international > locations > countries > changed the zone and de-activated/re-activated

Thanks

Edited by zomex (see edit history)

Is the address you are using correct!? Have you tried to delete and recreate the country?? each country has it´s own settings, have you tried to replicate the settings of a working country, and that change one field at a time to see what´s the problematic one?? could it be that that test could only be done on those countries!!!

country.thumb.JPG.fe6ab67597f1c78266b5f24190a7fd93.JPG

Best regards

12 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

Is the address you are using correct!? Have you tried to delete and recreate the country?? each country has it´s own settings, have you tried to replicate the settings of a working country, and that change one field at a time to see what´s the problematic one?? could it be that that test could only be done on those countries!!!

country.thumb.JPG.fe6ab67597f1c78266b5f24190a7fd93.JPG

Best regards

I have just tried a real address, same issue.

I don't see the benefit of deleting and re-creating the country as this could create more problems.

Nothing has changed within Prestashop but it is strange that it only effects these 2 countries.

I have also tried deleteing and re-creating the carrier.

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

please disable the use of native geo location, only enable if you know what you are doing, when you know what it does you would not then use it lol

then use incognito window (no cookie or other cache) and retest.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have turned off geo location and re-tired in incognito mode and the same issue remains 😢

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 23.54.54.png

Edited by zomex
added image (see edit history)

for me and probably others if we had access to admin we could sort.  I'm happy to look if you personal message me with login/pwd/link to admin.  Note: I am traveling today to Miami (may squeeze in a visit to PS miami) but I can look at it this evening.  leave geo location off,  main reason when an IP is not in DB, it will disallow shopping.  geo location 'almost works' except for the disallowing of shopping, that should be handled by no carrier for country you do not ship to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

for me and probably others if we had access to admin we could sort.  I'm happy to look if you personal message me with login/pwd/link to admin.  Note: I am traveling today to Miami (may squeeze in a visit to PS miami) but I can look at it this evening.  leave geo location off,  main reason when an IP is not in DB, it will disallow shopping.  geo location 'almost works' except for the disallowing of shopping, that should be handled by no carrier for country you do not ship to.

I appretiate you taking a look, have sent you a message with my login.

That sounds awesome, I hope you have a great trip to Miami!

15 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

If you are using Prestools: it has a detection page for this kind of problem. You find it at the bottom of the Shop Rescue page.

I am not using it. My install is stock aside from 1 module for importing products from aliexpress.

5 hours ago, MichaelEZ said:

To me it seems like override issue,  but i do reccomend Prestools 

It doesn't seem wise to install or rely on a module to touble shoot an error that should not exist within Prestashop.

My confidence in Prestashop is very low, lots of issues that appear to be very basic. No one can provide a solution to fix this bug other than to try installing a 3rd party module. Prestools looks like a great addon which makes using/editing/creating products easier, but why would I install functionality I don't need to trouble shoot an error that is completed related to Prestashop itself?

I have another site that uses Prestashop and after updating to the latest version the stats do work within the stats menu. This is even after removing/re-installing the stats modules. This install has no 3rd party modules installed.

Would I use Prestashop for a future website? The answer is a definate no.

8 minutes ago, MichaelEZ said:

Sorry to hear that, i know it can make u feel flustrated.. Can u try disabling overrides in?  Well we hade similar problems with ps, so we deceded to go for TB. No regrets so far. 

I have tried disabling overides but same issue (see attached).

What is TB?

I have been considering Magento but that is very complicated and bloated software.

PrestaShop is a real shame, I put so much time into building this website only to find that there are so many issues with the software.

I have experience developing for and using a lot of different software (WordPress, WHMCS, Blesta, Clientexec, vBulletin, MyBB) and PrestaShop is by far the worst in terms of bugs and reliability. It's a big shame because there is a lot of positives to Prestashop, it's very nice and easy to use, not bloated, good community and use. There just seems to be more focus on selling modules than there is providing a bug free base product.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 14.33.04.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 14.33.11.png

21 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

For carriers there are a lot of settings and it is easy to do something wrong. That is a more likely cause of your problems than some software bug. Prestools provides an overview of those settings.

I have installed prestools.

I'm seeing the following error after logging-in:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/admin/prestoolssuite/login1.php:1) in /home/user/public_html/admin/prestoolssuite/login1.php on line 64
Redirection to edit pages is impossible.

1 hour ago, zomex said:

I have installed prestools.

I'm seeing the following error after logging-in:

that is not an 'error', its a warning,  possible because you have ps debug mode, let me take a look and stop guessing with these module loads.  Look, this is open source, you will at times have issue.  How do you solve issue?  If you don't have a developer bone in your body then you NEED to partner with someone that has PS experience.  There are 'very few' who can build a PS that don't occasionally need some dev support, find one....so rather than buy some module as silver bullet, you just pay your dev.

else you will need to run an ecommerce that is 'all inclusive', like shopify or other...

but get someone local to you  (so you have same purchasing power) to be your backup when you are not able youself to solve....that is  difference between failure and success.

let me go look at carriers, via login you supplied and I'll invite my right hand tech person....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, El Patron said:

that is not an 'error', its a warning,  possible because you have ps debug mode, let me take a look and stop guessing with these module loads.  Look, this is open source, you will at times have issue.  How do you solve issue?  If you don't have a developer bone in your body then you NEED to partner with someone that has PS experience.  There are 'very few' who can build a PS that don't occasionally need some dev support, find one....so rather than buy some module as silver bullet, you just pay your dev.

else you will need to run an ecommerce that is 'all inclusive', like shopify or other...

but get someone local to you  (so you have same purchasing power) to be your backup when you are not able youself to solve....that is  difference between failure and success.

let me go look at carriers, via login you supplied and I'll invite my right hand tech person....

I would like to apologise to the community for coming across as someone who just moans. I have just been frustrated having put so much time into the website and the fact that I have not made changes to Prestashop itself other than installing 1 3rd party module.

I am a front-end developer of 10 years and run a few online businesses full time, my experience of PHP is limited (clearly) but I am experienced with front-end development. I created the child theme you see from the default and found the templating system very easy and professional (I have experience with Smarty). I avoid modules unless necessary and I like to keep things as stock as possible to help make updates easier. I even implemented the add to cart sticky upon scrolling feature myself without the need for a module (of which there are a few available on the marketplace):

https://decorativegold.com/home-decor/candle-holders/31-gold-5-arm-candle-holder

---

For this issue I have even gone as far as comparing the database tables with my dev install to try and find differences (missed the zone).

I am taking this website very seriously and of course i am happy to hire a developer when needed. I was not willing to do that for this issue only because I felt that it was a basic feature of Prestashop and I was doubting whether or not I was going to continue using it.

As for the module issue Prestashop was not in debug mode when testing. But it doesn't matter as I do not need the module and have removed it.

Thank you for taking a look.

22 minutes ago, razaro said:

Hi you need to apply zone to each state of Canada and Australia. 

That is something that should have been set by default maybe a bug.

I changed just one state that I have set test address.

Hope this helps.

screenshot-decorativegold.com-2019.11.21-17_47_17.png

Thank you very much!! I haven't assigned all of the zones yet but I will do that this evening. It makes sense now why it was not working, comparing with my dev install which has the zones set (see attached) it's clear that perhaps a glitch of some kind has happened with my live install.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why it only effected Canada and Australia and not the other countries with states. But that's not really important, i can happily move on from this after I've applied the zones.

dev.png

live.png

7 hours ago, razaro said:

Hi you need to apply zone to each state of Canada and Australia. 

That is something that should have been set by default maybe a bug.

I changed just one state that I have set test address.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks! I manually set the zone for all states and the carrier is working for all countries!

• Like 1