[Solved]1.5.0.17 - "impossible to add the product to the cart" - no errorThrown

My shop was running fine , yesterday I add some products and today when I try to add a product to the cart an error window pops up with this :

textStatus: 'error'
errorThrown: ''
responseText:

Stock management is disable

I have read several post with this error but all had this errorThrown :

[xmlHttpRequest]

while in my case no errorThrown at all

Edited by lucamax (see edit history)

The problem appears for some unknown reason when the 1.4.9 Prestashop theme was used, with default 1.5.0.17 theme the problem disappear.

I had check that the problem do not depends from the database and finally found out that the solution was to enable semplified URL in SEO&URLs tab of the BO .

Even if Prestashop BO think that Mod_rewrite was not allowed on the server (the yellow warning message shows up) in fact it was on the server.

Still do not understand why this problem arise while the Shop was working fine and no modifications were done on it, perhaps something change on the server.

Edited by lucamax (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How can you claim to be solved? We are devastated with the following error. The add to cart is not working Giving this error

Impossible to add the product to the cart.

responseText:

ALso note that the site is performing very poor. almost 20 seconds to load a page. Note that we are on a dedicated server which was able to handle almost 4000 users daily without fail.

kindly note that we had upgraded from prestashop 1.4.6 to 1.5.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am facing the same sort of error and I have just did a new installation of PS 1.5.2 and after successful installation I got this error when I add the product to the cart using AJAX:

"Impossible to add the product to the cart."

errorThrown: 'Internal Server Error'

responseTest:

{

"products": [

{

"id": 2,

"link": "

any idea why its like that?

some time it adds the product to the cart even after displaying the error message but some time it doesn't.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and I thought it was my fault as I started disabling the modules that I am not using. Did you do the same?

Then I found a way to make it work, in the Cart block module I just disabled Ajax cart. So pressing the "add to cart" button takes direct to the "Shopping cart summary" and if the buyer need to add more products has to press the "Continue shopping" button.

It's not a perfect solution, but it seems to work with PrestaShop™ 1.5.2.0 and the default theme.

Any other solution?

Navid

• 1 month later...

alguien pudo resolver este tipo de error? yo he intentado varias instalaciones desde cero, actualizaciones, y me sigue enviando este error, quiero usar el efecto ajax del carrito, pero me sigue el error

responseText:

{

"products": [

{

"id": 1,

"link": "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I did perform all the items above.

I tried turning ajax cart off, it returns a 500 error on the front end doing that.

Not sure what to do now. ANY help would be appreciated!

you should turn error on to debug the 500...did you upgrade? and why post your problem on a 'solved' thread???...not many will look at it...it's really not a very good idea either

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

My error is in 1.5.3.1 too.

Oh yes I have same problem, but I don't know from what it make mistake so the problem is:

- not function the button "add to cart"

What say me error just I push up:

"textStatus: 'parsererror'

errorThrown: 'SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character'

responseText:

Fatal error"

I try instead in block cart to disable the AJAX and have white entire page with writed "Fatal error"

I'm outing freak!!!

PLs, help me!!

thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

my version 1.5.3.1

my problem:

responseText:

the problem was with me: price rules -> cart rules

take it out... and goes

then preferences -> orders -> One page checkout

now I can successfully complete an order.

see you

• 3 weeks later...

I have some issue. And I found that it related with PayPal module. I disabled PayPal module and Ajax cart fixed.

My Prestashop version is 1.5.4.0

Same problem, same solution, thanks!

may be we should submit a bug report for that

• Like 1

Same problem, same solution, thanks!

may be we should submit a bug report for that

Hi,

I've detected this problem in our shop today after las paypal module update to 3.4.8 version.... I have reinstalled the module 3 times and always got the same problem.

I've disable the module and cart works great... but we need to have paypal module working!

we use PS 1.5.3.1 ...

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

I meet the same problem, on 1.5.3.1.

And actually I have disabled the PayPal module and it works well now.

BUT, I need PayPal as well as Antakarana!

Is the new version of Prestashop 1.5.4 solves the problem?

Thanks!

Hi,

For those with the same problem please follow this new threat specialy to this case:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/239025-1531-impossible-to-add-the-product-to-the-cart-after-paypal-module-update/

I've found a partial solution related with AJAX that may temporaly help with it...

regards

• Like 1

Hi,

I've detected this problem in our shop today after las paypal module update to 3.4.8 version.... I have reinstalled the module 3 times and always got the same problem.

I've disable the module and cart works great... but we need to have paypal module working!

we use PS 1.5.3.1 ...

Same issue with 3.4.8 on 1.5.2!

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Just cannot add products to the cart. Other than this the homepage has stopped displaying the featured products. Products can be viewed in their categories but nothing appears on the homepage even after having set the featured products number to 44.

I have spent a lot of time on my sites and it's really difficult to shift to another platform. Why are the in-house experts not helping here. This is turning out to be ludicrous. All the whiz, fanatics and kings n queens are turning out to be just a big farce. Exasperated to no end by being left in the lurch.

Hi jodysingh786,

Try to update your version to 1.5.4.1. You can add products in the cart with PayPal module active (PayPal module version 3.5.5).

Let me know if you fix the problem.

For the problem with the featured products, I suggest that you post on a related thread to get a good answer. Good luck

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please Help

i wanted to change order reference to numeric value in prestashop, i followed these steps by someone 

Copy the file /classes/PaymentModule.php to /override/classes/PaymentModule.php.
Edit the file /override/classes/PaymentModule.php as follows.

At lines 337-341 is a code block that should read like this:

if (!result)
{
  PrestaShopLogger::addLog('PaymentModule::validateOrder - Order cannot be created',
    3, null, 'Cart', (int)$id_cart, true);
  throw new PrestaShopException('Can\'t save Order');
}
Immediately after that code block, insert the following two lines of code:
$order->reference = str_pad($order->id, 9, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
$order->update();

Delete the file /cache/class_index.php so that Prestashop automatically re-creates this file taking into account the new override file.

after these steps, when i try to add product to cart, this error comes
"Impossible to add the product to the cart.

responseText:?]"

i tried disabling ajax cart, then i cant delete product from cart, also cant change quantity of ordered product in cart. 

• 1 month later...