Prestashop 1.5 Beta 4 available

Hello, I think its an awesome solution, specialy the admin panel is much easier to understand now.

But I have got a question aboiut the payment modules. Is it possible for every shop added, to select its own payment modules? For example shop a got paypal installed and shop b also, but can ther e be another paypal account entered in the configuration panel of the paypal module for each shop?

I am not much of a coder, but I like to contribute to this project. Are there any suggestions? for example translating into dutch ....or something else?

Thanks a lot....

Frenk!

Hi PrestaMembers !

@Frenk, bout your payment module question, yes you can have a different payment module for each shop and so have different apaypal accounts on each one of them.

About contributing to the project, it is really nice of you .

There are many ways, reporting bugs on the forge or translating in your language as you suggested for example.

Do not hesitate to PM me for more information .

@Toti, I am not sure I understand your question. Could you be more precise?

Hi abhi.scientist and OC2PS,

As we said it is going to take a couple of months to deliver the RC.

All I can tell for now is that the team is working hard to deliver a stable 1.5 RC version as soon as possible.

But be assured that once we are 99% sure about the release date we are going to communicate about it :)

I know how to get an RC out quickly. Tell the developers they can only go to a Barcamp after getting a stable RC out of the door. You'll have an RC in 1 week - before Barcelona :D:P:D:lol:

...and now before Michael or Raphael or Fabien find me .. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I know how to get an RC out quickly. Tell the developers they can only go to a Barcamp after getting a stable RC out of the door. You'll have an RC in 1 week - before Barcelona :D:P:D:lol:

...and now before Michael or Raphael or Fabien find me .. :ph34r:

Haha ! :D

• Like 1

Looking like everybody is trying to crack jokes here.... :rolleyes:

Let me also enjoy it...tell me the approx idea for release of RC :wub:

Kindly try to understand, sometimes we can't show how worse things can happen because of no adequate information. It is like being totally dependent on you guys and no result. I have really suspended all my business because of this delay and no information from past 4 months.

At least try to give any approx or rough time for RC release. Please it is a humble request.

Look at my face in this pic, can't you tell :P

Thanks

Abhi, we said a few weeks ago that it would take a couple of months to finalize the RC and until now it is the most accurate information I can give you.

Once we have a more precise date we will give it to you but it is not in your interest or ours to give a date if we cannot be 100% sure it is going to be the good one. :)

Abhi, we said a few weeks ago that it would take a couple of months to finalize the RC and until now it is the most accurate information I can give you.

Once we have a more precise date we will give it to you but it is not in your interest or ours to give a date if we cannot be 100% sure it is going to be the good one. :)

I am not asking any particular date, please let me know any rough idea, say 15 more days, 1 month or 2 month etc. please Carl

Dude, in how many different ways can Carl say 2 months? Further, account for the project management adage, and add 50% to it, and we *should* have an RC in about 3 months time. Of course, this is based on current information. The date has been moved several times in the past (originally was Sep 2011) and can move again.

Does this version have an autoupgrade tool?

Would it be safe for me to use 1.5.0.9 and upgrade this beta to final version when it's released?

I really, really want to use this version for 2 clients sites, and they need to be ready by next week.

Hi!

I couldn't find an answer to the above question, and I am wondering the same thing.

We are going to release a new shop in August/October and I am wondering if I can use the Beta of v.1.5 (with all it's cool new features) while developing, and then just SAFELY upgrade from the beta to the full realese? Is this safe and possible to do?

Best Regards!

/Niclas

Yes, you can use autoupgrade from 1.5.x RC to 1.5.x Stable.

That being said, to all others wondering, Autoupgrade is for stable versions only. You can not upgrade from 1.4.x stable to 1.5.x Beta

Thanks OC2PS for your quick answer!

But what if I want to start developing now in v.1.5 BETA before the RC release... Can I then when the RC is released safely upgrade to from 1.5. Beta to 1.5 RC? So that I when the stable v. 1.5 is released upgrade to that from the RC.

In other words, I want to be able to start developing the site today, but the RC is not released yet, is that a bad idea?

//Niclas

Isbjorn: First of all, I don't have the definitive answer. Only PS developers would be able to provide that.

My feeling is that since it's the 4th Beta, so it's probably not a terrible idea to start developing. I don't know if you'll be able to use autoupgrade to go from Beta to RC, but I suspect that you won't be able to. Even so, you could always manually upgrade when RC is released.

Isbjorn: First of all, I don't have the definitive answer. Only PS developers would be able to provide that.

My feeling is that since it's the 4th Beta, so it's probably not a terrible idea to start developing. I don't know if you'll be able to use autoupgrade to go from Beta to RC, but I suspect that you won't be able to. Even so, you could always manually upgrade when RC is released.

Thanx again for your reply OS2PS!

If any any PS developer read my question and know the answer to it, please reply...

//Niclas

Hi,

I have a question to the Prestashop Developers.

We are going to release a new shop in September/October and I am wondering if I can use the Beta of v.1.5 (before the RC is released) while we are developing the shop, and then just SAFELY upgrade from the beta to the full stable realese (and of course an RC upgrade there inbetween)? Is this safe and possible to do?

In other words, I want to be able to start developing the site based on v1.5 today, but the RC is not released yet, is that a bad idea?

Best Regards!

/Niclas

I think is not a bad idea :) Please just report bug if you found it.

The updater is good tu upgrade the PS installation. I developped under the beta 1.5.0.10 SVN since 2 months and no major problems with it.

Thank you for your fast reply Dev On Web!

Have you updated from each version since beta 1.5.0.10 to beta 1.5.0.9? And if so, done that without any trouble?

Do you know if the autoupgrade will work from beta to beta, from beta to RC, and from RC to stable version? Or will I have to manually upgrade between any of those versions?

//Niclas

Re,

Autoupgrade from beta to RC and RC to stable is provided by the team (I don't know on what topic I have saw that)...

I updated from 1.5.0.0 up to 1.5.0.9.

Then, the update to 1.5.0.10 did not work for me and my changes with multiples overrides and I reinstall the proper PS 1.5.0.10 and reimport the content test.

Hi OC2PS,

Michael will correct me if I am wrong but as Dev On Web said, it should be available in the autoupgrade module to upgrade from beta to RC and RC to final.

Sounds great! ;-)

Do you all suppose that Michael has no other information than the one given above, and because of that I could start our shop-development in the BETA 1.5 version this week?

//Niclas

hi i my prestashop currant version 1.4.7.8 had crashed the back office was working fine but the modules just would not load and the error i recieved on the store front was page not found error 404.

Have installed the 1.5 beta version with demo productson www.nirvanaaromatherapy.com but the store front dosent show up and in the back office http://nirvanaaromatherapy.com/admin123/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=ffbcaf6ef6c5474e0f717fbcf761db20&redirect=AdminHome is hung at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I work with software, and understand the Prestashop stance - but I think some form of a release with notes saying 'this bit is still broke' would be far better for the community right now, then for PS to keep saying they want to release a good candidate.. Especially after making us all wait for this long.

The problem becomes, that if the released version is deemed not good/stable by the community - then PS loses on both accounts. Making the community wait (6 months +) and then to not release a good vesion.

So for the love of God, Can someone at least update the milestone bar to be a bit more than 85%. I think it should have gone past 85% by now, and it will give us all some encouragement to believe in Prestashop developers, and not (by the sounds of things) the community start their own version with hopefully a faster dev time.

• Like 3

hi we testing now for 4 monthes and still waiting for the final 1.5 release, i don't know it is a little bit longer than it takes, i mean there is a lot of options we can delayed for futher release such as the Multistore function. i hope for a soon news.

hi we testing now for 4 monthes and still waiting for the final 1.5 release, i don't know it is a little bit longer than it takes, i mean there is a lot of options we can delayed for futher release such as the Multistore function. i hope for a soon news.

Multistore is the main thing we are waiting for personally, Currently we have 2 sites in OS commerce, 1 in Catushop, 2 In Prestashop 1.4.x

We have been watching 1.5 for a while and tried the svn's ect and multistore is ideal for what we need to pull all the sites into one. If it was delayed it would be a pain in the neck as we have put a lot of our buisness on hold on the basis that it would be at a RC stage in 2-3 months (we are hoping for end of june begining of july).

If it was delayed / removed from the RC chances are we would go looking for another peice of software to do the job.

Hi ayanni,

As we said before, once we are 100% sure about the date, we will inform the community about it.

All I can say is that a private 1.5 RC has been sent to selected members and we are waiting for their feedback.

So you have to be a little more patient. I know it is hard, I am kind of impatient too ;)

• Like 3

Thank You very much for your quick replay. we are it small company in Basel Switzerland, and we are very exiting with prestashop 3 years ago, now we are testing PS 1.5 very hard, because we have a project with 50000 article to be start asap.

look at our shop www.tonernet.ch.

it would be very nice if we can also test this private 1.5 RC our web developer will feedback you in three days, because he is working now since 6 monthes on prestashop 1.5. thank you again and all the best for PS Team, have a nice one.

• 1 month later...

So you have to be a little more patient. I know it is hard, I am kind of impatient too ;)

Hi!

I would like to know if there any improvements on checkout page in 1.5?

It's pretty annoying and confusing for a visitor to see the message "Please sign in to see payment methods".