Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

PayPal Error with no error code!

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic
Status Publicidad y Market

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Paypal had respond:
They redirected me to this thread and they said is prestashop related problem.
http://www.prestasho...php-blank-page/

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Paypal had respond:
They redirected me to this thread and they said is prestashop related problem.
http://www.prestasho...php-blank-page/

If you're getting the same error as I got (which is none - just the Prestashop container - see the first post on this thread) then it's because of the API access being blocked from your site. My internet host confimed this. My own tests show that the Prestashop cart is working when hosted elsewhere. It all points to PayPal blocking. Read through this thread and you'll see how another person got his site move to a clear IP address and it work. If it was anything else then it still wouldn't have worked!

PayPal are blocking your access.

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• PrestaTeam
  • 5874 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hello Status Publicidad y Market,

The forum post that PayPal responded with is not the same error, that thread is unrelated and over a year old. If you are receiving the same error that other members in this thread are having then that forum post will not help you. Have you tried asking your hosting provider to move your site to a different server IP. We are doing our best to have this situation resolved with PayPal on our end as well.

Status Publicidad y Market

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have solutionated the error.
I have the same error that the creator of the post.
I have prestashop v 1.4 and i had paypal v2.6

1- Install the last version of the module paypal:
http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html

2- Install the backward compability module:
http://addons.presta...patibility.html

3- Go to modules/other modules/backward compability/ configuration

4- You will see the list of modules you need to update, i had only paypal module.

5- You click update modules and wait untill the module get updated.

6- Configure Paypal and lets sell

Edited by Status Publicidad y Market, 16 October 2012 - 05:14 PM.

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I have solutionated the error.
I have the same error that the creator of the post.
I have prestashop v 1.4 and i had paypal v2.6

With respect I think you've had a different error. I can say that because I've gone through similar trying to overcome the problem.

Today the my website seems to be able to contact PayPal. This after PayPal MTS finally replied to my message (Sent 9th Oct, replied 16th, problem first detect 27th Sept.) I believe they've probably acted upon the message sent by my internet host, as they'd I'd imagine have given them better instructions. The reply MTS sent to me was asking me for more information and tests which can only be run on the server that I am unable to do.

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• PrestaTeam
  • 5874 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yes, symanski is correct. The error was not the same, I assume that the Backwards Compatability module told you to upgrade to PayPal 3x . That is great that you have solved your issue B)
However, there still seems to be a problem with PayPal blocking IP Addresses. :blink:

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

However, there still seems to be a problem with PayPal blocking IP Addresses. :blink:

My site now seems to be able to communicate with PayPal again. The blocks have been lifted, thankfully. But PayPal have cost me over two weeks worth of sales and have shown a dreadful level of customer service. Not only was the first level of customer service incompetent but the MTS was dreadfully slow in replying to me and my internet host's request for help. I wish there was an alternative to PayPal.

I'd like to thank everybody here for their input. And especially my internet host who've done a superb job in firstly confirming it was PayPal and then getting PayPal to remove the blocks.

petzo

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

I just wanted to contribute to the topic, as we have experienced exactly the same ip block issue from Paypal.

It was pretty frustrating - absolutely NO response from their support.
The issue was, as others have reported - our server could not connect to "https://api-3t.paypal.com" which was causing our prestashop not to be able to complete Paypal payments.

We had to move the site to another server/ip so it could function. When we did this, everything was fine.

Now, because I was checking this thread from time to time, I saw that you guys where reporting that ban was lifted form some of you. I decided to check what was going on our previous IP/server. What I have found out is that it was already OK for it too...

So ban was lifted... Server can connect to Paypal servers... That is good in a way... right ...

What I don't like is that we have absolutely no idea why this happened and could it happen again?!
Could it happen on our new server... should be switch back to our previous hosting...

Absolutely no explanation from Paypal is not nice...

_________

PS Just wanted to add that I have also involved my hosting provider to check how can we resolve this issue. They have told me that they were going to "talk to Paypal" to locate the problem as they have independently, on they own, confirmed that this was the reason causing the problem. I don't know if it was because of them Paypal fixed it ...

Edited by petzo, 17 October 2012 - 01:25 PM.

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Absolutely no explanation from Paypal is not nice...

No, it's not. You think because there's an error it's your site. And the first replies you get from PayPal is that there's no change to your account. It's only because I'm an engineer with a bit of knowledge that I was able to figure that there was a block between my host and PayPal, but it was my internet host who were able to determine it was because of PayPal and not them. The amount of work I put in to get to this point was significant.

If you were a regular shop owner, or even just a website developer deploying Prestashop to customers, you'd be completely in the dark on why the site suddenly and without warning stopped.

Perhaps this is a thread which should become a "sticky" for anybody else who similarly become blocked? It's rather good that not only have we identified where the problem is, but we also have the solutions presented too.

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• PrestaTeam
  • 5874 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hello symanski, I agree. Based on your extensive investigation and confirmed problem on the PayPal side. I will sticky this. Please continue to update this case as you deem fit. Thank you so much.

PolyClay

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I have joined this forum after googling exactly the same problem. Two days ago, PayPal suddenly blocked access from my server IP address, with no warning or explanation. I have made no changes to my site in months. A simple curl command to https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp from a shell fails with a 'couldn't connect to host' and all API requests timeout.

Like the rest of you, I found first and second-line support to be fairly useless. I have now sent an email to the MTS team, after finding they exist, but am not particularly hopeful of a speedy resolution.

I think I am going to hit twitter with this is well and try and shame them into some action.

digitalcrate

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi everyone.

Just to inform you that Paypal have now accepted (after a week of furious emails containing proof of the issue) that they do have a problem. I would now urge those still effected by this issue to contact Paypal support (this link is very kindly offered earlier on in this post) and inform them of the domain with the issue. Any other information they require you should be able to get from your host easily, ie server ip and so on, as they now tell me they are fixing issues and unblocking incorrectly blocked sites.
I hope they manage to deal with other peoples issues a lot quicker than they delay with mine. Thank you everybody for your input, advise and expertise.

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Paypal have now accepted (after a week of furious emails containing proof of the issue) that they do have a problem. I would now urge those still effected by this issue to contact Paypal support (this link is very kindly offered earlier on in this post) and inform them of the domain with the issue.

Well done getting a reply from them! I think that's the final confirmation that the problem is on their side.

It's bad enough that they've blocked your site for no apparent reason, but being so slow at reponding is a nightmare. If there was an alternative payment menthod which had similar charges to PayPal (ie no monthly fee) I'd be using them by now.

djjohnny

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Finally. Today it started to work.

PolyClay

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

It has started working again for me today too!

PayPal MTS still didn't actually look at the issue though.

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've just received this from the MTS team:

We do not block IPs, especially hosters domains, I guess that must have been a network configuration issue or some isolated bug on a router.

Given how many of us that it's affected it's not "isolated", and that's only of those of us who posted here. I'm sure there's a lot of others still scratching their head wondering why their site isn't working!

PolyClay

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I happened to check whether ebay was similarly blocked yesterday, as it's really the same company. It was. I suspect the block was actually over their heads and some other ebay/paypal network bods.

PolyClay

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Here is the final response I got from PayPal...

"This was not a PayPal issue. We have received several reports from European merchants reporting intermittent connectivity issues to our API endpoints. After investigation by our engineering teams, we were able to narrow this down to a bad hop on the (public Internet) route to our API endpoints.

Specifically, three hops were dropping packets. As a result the connection was never established and you may have received a TCP network timeout.

We are currently following up with the third-party providers of these routes. If it works again for you at this time, your own network provider may have decided to use a different route to reach our API endpoints."

petzo

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Just to add the response I've got from Paypal, after finally getting to contact them and asking what was the problem:

"I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that this issue has caused you. The issue was found in one of PayPal's servers and was tracked under restore ticket number RESTR16428699
Unfortunately that is the only information I can release on this internal issue with our PayPal servers."

So it seems that they have tracked down the issue. I find that satisfying to know.

symanski

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

"I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that this issue has caused you. The issue was found in one of PayPal's servers and was tracked under restore ticket number RESTR16428699
Unfortunately that is the only information I can release on this internal issue with our PayPal servers."

Finally we seem to have got somewhere! Thanks everybody for contributing to finding where the problem was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users