Upgrading to 1.7 - not decided

MichaelEZ

Hello all,

our store is currently running on 1.6.1.10 but it´s getting messy. We were forced to upgrade php version and now new problems are appearing.. So we decided to turn new leaf and start on new PS version. Here is tricky part - i´m not sure witch vs (in my company they are pushing for 1.7 - so there is nothing i can do with that [i was looking out for prestashop thirty bees] ) . I woud like to ask yours opinion on this subject.  Which and why? I red like A LOT OF bad reviews on 1.7 about being incomplete, buggy and so on. 

Ty for any answer :)

We went the TB route simply because 1.7 will result in you probably needing to purchase new modules and themes. Of course if you do not have any third party themese or modules then that is not a consideration

ty, for answers -  in the end we are goin for 30bees a made few good arguments :) Well i dont want upgrade cause im sure on 99.999 % error will pop up - we v got too many pple editing our site in these oast two years ( i m still kind of new here - few months - trying to fix as much as i coud )

just go theme shopping, the latest 1.7 themes (we like leo/apollo themes)...they are really good.  nobody listen to techno nomore, the love affair with 1.6 should be stale by now...though

nobody cares what's underneath the hood it's the front office.

but well they do, 1.7 has one(1) CCC for .js and one for .css....this significantly improves 2nd-nth page loads...it's about speed and 1.6 cannot compete....the best seo is speed.  along with many other 'features' 1.7 is far and above the release serious shop managers need to be running on or shopify lol.

happy deciding

el