[SOLVED ]PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software): Allowed to create new files and folders !!

Dears,

Please assist, I am a new user of PrestaShop and while i am trying to install Prestashop an error occur :

PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software): Allowed to create new files and folders !!, Kindly assist how i can solve this issue ( Please note that i contacted my Host server and they said its a permession issue and you have to contact PrestaShop and ask for support.

i gave all permission required for the rest of required files and folders as below, but still the previous error occur

# Write permissions on files and folders:
# /config
# /tools/smarty/compile
# /tools/smarty/cache
# /tools/smarty_v2/compile
# /tools/smarty_v2/cache
# /sitemap.xml
# Write permissions on folders and subfolders/recursively:
# /img
# /mails
# /modules
# /themes/prestashop/lang
# /themes/prestashop/cache
# /translations
# /upload
# /download

You quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Yazeed

41379_gu9I5itKlAuUFfTQIpMA_t

the error message "Allowed to create new files and folders" means you allowed to do so. but you should not.

You give too much permission for creating new files and folders, it is a security whole.
You should remove the permissions.

I think following setting should works
- folders 755 permission
- files 644 permission.

Thanks for replay, it might be that i gave a lot of permission and its cause a security issue. i solve the issue by doing the following:

there was 1 function test ( chmod ) which was preventing the installation to be complete. in the install/xm/checkConfig

// Functions list to test with 'test_system'
$funcs = array('fopen', 'fclose', 'fread', 'fwrite', 'rename', 'file_exists', 'unlink', 'rmdir', 'mkdir', 'getcwd', 'chdir', 'chmod');

i do a littile changes to the file to skip check the "chmod" and its went fine :), i don`t know what is the impact for this ( please if you know tell me )

// Functions list to test with 'test_system'
$funcs = array('fopen', 'fclose', 'fread', 'fwrite', 'rename', 'file_exists', 'unlink', 'rmdir', 'mkdir', 'getcwd', 'chdir');//, 'chmod');

41885_TnLLu6ScsGIQAi9lgVxb_t

• 4 months later...

Dears,<br/><br/>Please assist, I am a new user of PrestaShop and while i am trying to install Prestashop an error occur :<br/><br/>PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software): Allowed to create new files and folders !!, Kindly assist how i can solve this issue ( Please note that i contacted my Host server and they said its a permession issue and you have to contact PrestaShop and ask for support.<br/><br/><br/>i gave all permission required for the rest of required files and folders as below, but still the previous error occur

<br/><br/># Write permissions on files and folders:<br/># /config<br/># /tools/smarty/compile<br/># /tools/smarty/cache<br/># /tools/smarty_v2/compile<br/># /tools/smarty_v2/cache<br/># /sitemap.xml<br/># Write permissions on folders and subfolders/recursively:<br/># /img<br/># /mails<br/># /modules<br/># /themes/prestashop/lang<br/># /themes/prestashop/cache<br/># /translations<br/># /upload<br/># /download<br/><br/><br/>You quick response is highly appreciated.<br/><br/>Thanks & Regards,<br/>Yazeed

just want to know it for sure:

folders 777

files: 644

please reply...tnx!