PayPal broken in 1.4

The PayPal module does not work in 1.4. Clicking it takes you to a french page and you need a french paypal account to authorise it.

After upgrading, I am now losing hundreds of pounds in orders due to customers not being able to use PayPal.

Please fix this as a matter of urgency.

The issue should not be about the content or lack of it on a users site, infact i think that should have been added as a recomendation to help the user rather than deflect from the issue which is being reported. I would report also that in my instance the problems the user experiences also effects ability to show T+C etc as on my site takes it to homepage with SSL.
Perhaps your post would be more beneficial in a sticky warning prestashop users of requirements that are required, perhaps with links to relavant information to assist them.
You come accross as deflecting issues that users are having, which does not help.
This is an attempt at useful critism and is my opinion, and hope you see it as just that.

The issue should not be about the content or lack of it on a users site, infact i think that should have been added as a recomendation to help the user rather than deflect from the issue which is being reported. I would report also that in my instance the problems the user experiences also effects ability to show T+C etc as on my site takes it to homepage with SSL.
Perhaps your post would be more beneficial in a sticky warning prestashop users of requirements that are required, perhaps with links to relavant information to assist them.
You come accross as deflecting issues that users are having, which does not help.
This is an attempt at useful critism and is my opinion, and hope you see it as just that.

If you read my first post you would have seen that i did go to the site and do a test purchase and didnt come across any problems. How can I offer help or a solution when I dont find a problem and cant reproduce it on their own site?

I have to agree, it did come across as pretty agressive and unnecessary response. The issue was about the PayPal module, not what is or isn't on my site.

The CMS Block was set on my store, for everyone to see, on version 3, upon upgrade to version 4 it dissapeared and had to be set manually, despite other modules being installed as they were in the old store. Upon upgrading, I did not notice it was no longer there, it all looked the same to me.

I have now installed the CMS Block.

Had email from jhnstcks who as been awesome
This worked for me and might do for you too

If paypal will not load on payment and setting do not seem to be saving
Rename Paypal module in new setup
Then move the apipaypal and paypal modules from old backup version
They should then appear in other modules in back office
set up as you did on previous version and bingo

This is probably to be regarded as partial solved as await sorting of new paypal version but in meantime it helps

Thanks to jhnstcks