Upgraded from 1.2.5 to the latest version - some images not showing

Hi,

This might not be the same issue, but our update did this... later we found out that not all the images were transferred from our old (existing) PS directory to our "new" update folder. This was happening because for some reason the server (most likely, but maybe our ftp program) was limiting each transfer to 2000 files per folder. And so those images would not appear after the install.

We haven't messed around with this any further.. since we know the problem and it "seems" like an easy fix. We were mainly worried about the upgrade process. Later when we "really" upgrade we will try to configure our server to remove this limit, and if all fails we'll have to spend more time by transferring the first 2000 then deleting them then transferring the next 2000, etc.

So for us we know the problem now and have ideas on how we will fix them when the time comes, but we have not made any updates thus far.

HTH!

As with most poeple I have had quite a problems so have put my shop back to a standard theme to rule out problems caursed by my theme.

If anyone knows of a soluation for my missing images I would be greatfull, there were some files missing from the img/p folder but I have put these missing images in the folder now but still no change.

My site is (ww w.stakehillnurseries.co.uk) remove the space in ww w

Any help appriated, on another topis once I get these problems sorted how would i go about paying someone to either design a new them that works or upgrade mine for me.

Quick update, the images missing are liked like http://ww w.stakehillnurseries.co.uk/569-951-home/athyrium-niponicum-metallicum.jpg

The only problem is that the images in the img/p folder only go tp 292-610-thickbox.jpg so 569-951 dont excest.

i have checked the older back up from before the upgrade and it only went to 292-610-thickbox.jpg anyway.

Any ideas what has happened.

another update, i keep switching between my stable old version and the new version when I do work on it.

On the old version where everything works the images do go higher for example one of my product images is located at http://w ww.stakehillnurseries.co.uk/569-951-home/athyrium-niponicum-metallicum.jpg

which folder will this be located in (569-951-home/athyrium-niponicum-metallicum.jpg).

Any help welcome, if you go to my site and its green this is the older working version, the updated version is setup on the standard prestashop grey and white while I try to get it working. Just incase anyone goes to my site to see what the problem is,

will leave the updated version live for a while but dont want to leave it to long as customers cant place orders etc.

Thanks

try turning ssl on or off see if problem is there and same with friendly url
Lets elliminate that as problem

Although files may look same inside the folders you may have more files
look for your images in your old files in img folder and be 100% sure they are all in same folder on new img file
That is normally problem and takes a bit of digging
I thought i had identical files but they were not

• 1 month later...