My Prestashop was hacked and malicious files uploaded

wilorc

Hi, since September last year I have been (very) slowly building a new Prestashop site. I'm new to Prestashop, so there's been a lot of learning how things are done in Prestashop. The previous site that I built was with Zen Cart, and I was hoping to migrate from that one day. The reason why I am writing is because the new Prestashop was hacked and malicious files uploaded. I don't want to say too much about it in public.

Is there anyone from the Prestashop team that I can pass on this information to?

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

team looking at how they got in now, see if prestashop or hosting issue or something on same account.
Will update when i find it
They added redirect code so not sure how they did it yet, but i have six sites on the account and only prestashop one effected.
But that site loooks big so maybe they attack coroorations or they followed a banner to attack it

• 2 weeks later...

Did you identify what files were infected, what sort of malicious code was inserted? All this sort of information helps everyone on the forum identify the threat and secure their stores accordingly.

I am just considering moving several stores onto PRESTASHOP and this is alarming, i run osCommerce for several years are constantly had to modify and rewrite code in order to secure the sites.

So if its not too much trouble can you kindly post the code that was inserted or PM it to me maybe i can decode it and identify the source file, which will help you safely remove it from your server.

And perhaps build some sort of protection against future attacks.

• 4 months later...

One of my sites was hacked as well, I noticed that almost all index.php files had a malicious code at the beginning, like <script........ src=www.something.com </script>

I deleted all of them I guess but my page is still too damn slow!!!

www.clautlet.com

I cannot open it! sometimes it opens and sometimes it does not..

any ideas?