Collectible website, please gime some feedback

DsToys

DsToys,

For using the stock PrestaShop theme, you did a very good job. It appears you have a very well developed inventory and you could potentially improve the way your store looks with a more attractive theme. I can't say I have any particular suggestions for your, though.

I really liked your category menu. How did you incorporate the button-looking categories? they are very cool.

I thought you use carousels/sliders very effectively on your home page. Great job integrating the carousel/slider in the Preventas!! box in the left column.

I like the horizontal nav menu at the top. Is that the WizNav menu? Or, which nav menu did you use?

Good job linking to your WordPress blogs. This should help bring you more traffic.

Thank you for your comments Curt, in fact i tried some "custom" themes, but i didn't like them, so i decided to change some things of the original. I change colors depending of the season (xmas, valentine's day), so not the same look all the year!! :)

You can find the category block here:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/53638/third_party_modules/free_module__block_image_categories_product_module/ I have to make it some css changes to fit as you can see it in my web, the button like images are the category images (custom size too).

The menu is the one of julien breux (ver. 2.6.4), but again, i made it some changes (background image), and insert ps icons.

I have to say that i'm really happy with presta, and this kind of comments makes me know it worth the efford (i past more than one month changing, and "learning" how to use presta).

Again Thank you for reading and your comments.

Best Regards.

I just check your site, and i have to say that i really like it!!

It looks very clean and well organized, i just only recommend you to add a little banner next to the logo in the header, i don't know, some kind of commercial slogan, someting like: your prestashop begginers source!! (or something like that), that's because i believe that every website has to have it's own identity.

In the other hand, the video tutorials are great, the are well explained and clear, congrats on the efford!!

I see that you mention some hosting services, i don't know if you have read about this, but some users of presta have complains about goddady, i use blue host, so i can't confirm that.

Well, that's all i have to say about your site, have for sure that i'll be visit it often.

Regards.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello DS.
I must say i really enjoyed your website, it looks great.
I am building my own webstore with similar items here in Portugal and i would like to know if you could help me with a few things.
I am using the PS 1.4.

1- I would like to add a theme to each product and have a corresponding search field for it.
Take a look at this pic http://img834.imageshack.us/i/64292636.png/
Aside from the normal search bar, this website allows the search for "Themes" (licenses like Halloween, Terminator, Batman ...), "Product Types" (Categories) and "Brands" (Manufactors).
How could i add a "Theme" to my products without using the categories catalog?
In essence, i believe that having 2 or more Category like options would do the trick but i don't know if it is possible.

2- I noticed in your website you have diferent font colors for "In Stock" Blue or "Out of Stock" Red. How could i do that? And is it possible to assign the same font color to the "Add to cart" button?

I appreciate any help i can get.

Thank you.