How do I create a coloured header bar to span across the whole of the page?

Greetings, I'm looking to have my top header logo bar span the whole length of the page at the top but I find any info on how to do this. Currently I've uploaded my logo in .PNG format and put a background colour on it but it looks kind of weird. I'd really like to have the brown/grey colour header bar going all the way across the top of the page. Come on someone, throw an old prestashop user a rope here. You will have my eternal gratitude.

• 1 month later...

I would like to do the same with a header bar running accross so I can put the permenant links(contact, sitemap, etc) in a bar below the logo.

Any ideas or suggestion on how this could be achieved will be appreciated.

I am using ver 1.4.

• 2 years later...

any good tips on which file to change?! browsing this forum and googled half of the world and no good answers or guidelines could be found :-( is it only a global.css issue or are there ten more files i should be changing also?! help (using PrestaShop 1.4.5.1)

Edited by beejay77 (see edit history)

You need to place links to the site so we can take a look.

There will be multiple CSS files in most cases such as global.css, permanentlinks.css, blockuserinfo.css and maybe more.

Personally I'm not 100% sure what you mean by header bar.

If there was a link to view your site I might have a clue or if you coulf place a snapshot pointing out waht you want things to look like it would help.

Always post a Prestashop ver # and what theme you are using.