<Solved> Upgrade failed can't resume to the original status!

I recently tried to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4 and it failed. Half of the store front modules were disappeared and gone in the backoffice as well. So I tried to redo it with 1.3.6 instead. On the last step of installation it got an error message saying there were 8 SQL errors occurred. (Attached is the log.) And the store front error message: Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!
Even I tried to restore it to 1.3.1 it's still not working :(
Somebody help pleeeease?!

log.txt

My suggestion would be to first take a deep breath :D

In the admin preferences screens did you set the option to force Smarty 2 to "Yes". If you didn't, then do that now and you may find that your store isn't as bad as you thought it was ;)

Also disable any custom modules for now (and don't at this stage replace any standard modules with modified ones).

If that fails to impress.....

I would never personally contemplate going back a version, but the database upgrade may not have done too much "damage" so after taking yet another backup (just to be sure) you could try just reverting the files and see what happens.... from memory the changes made in 1.4 likely will just be able to be ignored. Remember to manually edit the setting.inc.php file version back to what the old version was. This will make sure any necessary recalculations will be applied the next time you try and upgrade.

Paul

anson,

After you change your subject line :)

I was talking about the Prestashop Admin screens -> The smarty 2 compatibility setting is in the Preferences tab. I'm trying to see if your upgrade is ok but your theme and modules are causing the problem....

If you have given up on getting 1.4 to work, then as a first step I would ignore phpmyadmin and just restore the files back to the version you were using. The database may well be ok, and not to be rude, but if you're not sure what you're doing then messing about in there might just make things worse.

Paul

I think it's too late now! :(
I'm no longer able to access the store front nor the back office.... the error message is all I got "Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query! "
I've tried to restore the old version PS onto my ftp but it did not solve the problem so I guess something in my database got damaged!!
I'm trying to restore my db but I always lost connection when I try to import the backup file onto the phpadmin
it is beyond frustrating and I'm so afraid that I may lose the entire site! :(

I restored my site FINALLY!!! *reliefffff
Now I have one question left to ask - Does it worth the trouble and risk to upgrade from my 1.31 to 1.4 or 1.37?
What good will I see really?

Anyway.... thank you very much Paul!! You know how scary it was when things are down and you have to deal with them on your own!

Can you share how you did it for others who are just as stressed (e.g. me!)

I did a full install version 1.3.7 and it worked great~! Installed some modules, still fine. Installed a theme and lost connection in the middle of that and it crashed my back office and front office with a SERVER 500 error.

I tried deleting the database and all the files and just starting from stcratch as this was a new install but NOOO, still giving me 500 insternal server error. I tried checking hte .htaccess file and recreating that, no change, then I tried checking file permissions 777, on the ones on the install instructions list are all there. Not sure what else to do, still getting server 500 error! I have messed with this for 6 hours and ready to pull my hair out. I have prestashop on 7 other sites with no probs ever. By the way the problem theme was the free mobile theme from template monster.

Anybody who can help me I would be SOO GRATEFUL! FREE SCUBA LESSON IF YOUR IN FLORIDA if it solves my issue!

Thanks,
Tina O'Connell

It's likely that setting the permissions to 777 is what's actually causing the http 500 error. Try setting the directories to 755 and files to 644 and that should fix it.

Some servers don't like 777 on directories or on files (and files should never be an odd numbered permission unless they're executable, which php files are not).

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!
I've the same problem as 'anson.c'
I did an update from the version 1.4.0.3 to the newest one 1.3.7.0
Just after the update, my site didn't work

So I transfer on my FTP the oldest files that I had backup the day before
And now I see an error on my website : Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!

That's like this since March 3rd
I searched every day for a solution, but no one :(
I need my website, please anyone can help me..?

Thank you a loooot !
Sorry for my english, I'm french..

Hi there. I am having the exact same problem.
I installed prestashop 1.4 into a new folder on my site so as to avoid messing with the live site.
I backed up my database too.
After installing 1.4 I went back to have a look at the live site, and all I get is "Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query".
I didn't make any changes to the live site though so I don't get it.

I can't access the admin section either.
If I can'access the admin, i'm not sure how to import the backed up database.
On phpMyAdmin I went to the Import option, uploaded the *.sql file, Character set utf8, used the SQL format, Left SQL compatibility mode
set to NONE and ticked "Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero values". but I get this error:

/* Scheme for table ps_access */ CREATE TABLE `ps_access` (
`id_profile` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
`id_tab` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
`view` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
`add` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
`edit` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
`delete` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id_profile` , `id_tab` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

Any ideas?

Have same problems. since update from 1.3.7 to 1.4 didn´t work I removed the update and tried to upload the older version. Had a complete backup of all files and also a backup of database from the back office.
Removed all entry's of new version and used ftp to upload to backup files from version 1.3.7.
then I tried to access to my BO and got the same error message that so many other get:
Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!
Since I dont understand a bit about changing things in PHPmyadmin don´t know what to do.
All suggestions are welcome.
R
Susanne

I installed prestashop 1.4 into a new folder on my site so as to avoid messing with the live site.
After installing 1.4 I went back to have a look at the live site, and all I get is "Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query".

On phpMyAdmin I went to the Import option, uploaded the *.sql file, Character set utf8, used the SQL format, Left SQL compatibility mode
set to NONE and ticked "Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero values". but I get this error:

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. :-(
Can someone please help?
Many thanks in advance!

Similar issue here. Any idea how to solve this?

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. :-(
Can someone please help?
Many thanks in advance!

I managed to fix this issue. This did the trick for me:
1. Go to phpmyadmin
2. Select your database
3. Scroll down and select "select all"
4. In the dropdown menu a little bit on the right, select "drop" (or delete)
(do this also for the next pages if you have a larger database)
5. Now you have an empty database
6. Go to Import in the uppermenu
7. Select your backup file and click "start"

This way I imported my backup succesfully.

I managed to restore my backup & can access the back office but the store / front office gives an error:
Unknown column 'reduction_price' in 'where clause'

SELECT p.*, pl.`description`, pl.`description_short`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`meta_description`, pl.`meta_keywords`, pl.`meta_title`, pl.`name`, p.`ean13`,
i.`id_image`, il.`legend`, t.`rate`
FROM `ps_product` p
LEFT JOIN `ps_product_lang` pl ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product` AND pl.`id_lang` = 1)
LEFT JOIN `ps_image` i ON (i.`id_product` = p.`id_product` AND i.`cover` = 1)
LEFT JOIN `ps_image_lang` il ON (i.`id_image` = il.`id_image` AND il.`id_lang` = 1)
LEFT JOIN `ps_tax` t ON t.`id_tax` = p.`id_tax`
WHERE (`reduction_price` > 0 OR `reduction_percent` > 0)
AND (`reduction_from` = `reduction_to` OR (`reduction_from` <= '2011-03-22 10:03:12' AND `reduction_to` >= '2011-03-22 10:03:12'))
AND p.`active` = 1
AND p.`id_product` IN (
SELECT cp.`id_product`
FROM `ps_category_group` cg
LEFT JOIN `ps_category_product` cp ON (cp.`id_category` = cg.`id_category`)
WHERE cg.`id_group` = 1
)
ORDER BY RAND()

I don't understand this. Any ideas?

Like peanut, I have restored 1.3.7 again from my backup files and database backup. back office works fine, database looks good, but if I try to access my shop, I just get a 403 Forbidden error: You don't have permission to access /webshoppen/ on this server.

There must be one little file, or setting, I'm still missing to correct.

Anyone know what that might be?

Hi John,

Just a guess, but might it perhaps be something to do with a new feature, "webshppen" introduced in 1.4 and that is perhaps still installed / activated after you rolled back??? - I've had a different problem (our modules page disappeared in back-end after reverting back to 1.3......) & the solution for our problem was to delete loads of unnecessary modules from the v1.4 upgrade (about 20 of them - it seems that lots of new modules that were added in v1.4 are not being deleted after rolling back to 1.3.....).

Hope this suggestion works for you, or that someone else can give you a solution. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually found out (finally!) that my backup was missing a few files in the root folder (I did have some troubles with my ftp file transfer during backup). Once I added the missing files, I was back where I started - whew!
Now I will wait a bit more and see whether to try the upgrade again, or just continue with 1.3.7.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG - Tried to upgrade from 1.3 to the new 1.4 and all hell went loose.
Got one picture showing and nothing else.
Decided after playing about that i would just simply delete all folders/files from my host and upload the copy i took before i started the upgrade.

Now i can get back onto my site but all my products are gone!

I have no idea what to do now.
I did a database backup too before i tried the upgrade but i have no idea what to do with the file it created.
Can anyone help please?