STAMPS.COM integration

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I found this post from a while back... instead of creating a new thread IM BUMPING!

Is there a module that integrates with stamps.com (or endicia.com)?? If not, is anybody planning one?

It seems like a lot of the other carts have this integration... seems like its a popular enough service to warrant a module. To be honest, I'm quite surprised there hasn't been as many requests.

Thanks for any input!!

Hi Mytheory,

Right now, Stamps.com doesn't have an ETA on a PrestaShop integration. But Stamps.com can import XML files. It also can import via ODBC.

Not sure if PrestaShop can export your orders via XML, but if so, that might be a quick method to start easily printing pre-paid USPS labels for all mail classes.

Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the best way to go about doing this would be to create a module that adds a MySQL table that stores all of stamps.com data. Stamps.com software can read/write to MySQL using ODBC. You'll need to create a connection in Stamps.com to use the MySQL server, and then create the profile to use that ODBC connection.

I am thinking about writing one myself, but just haven't found the time. On top of that, I am not very familiar with writing PrestaShop modules. What I would need to know is how to hook into orders, specifically:

When a new order comes in, the module would add the order to the stamps.com table.

When Stamps.com software updates the information in the table, the module would need to update each order respectively with "Shipped" status, as well as the USPS tracking number.

This seems very simple in concept, but again, I am not familiar with writing PrestaShop modules.

Any insight?

• 3 years later...

Hello Everyone,

We are not sure if there is anyone still interested in a Stamps.com integration module, however, we have just released a module that enables you to generate Stamps.com shipping labels directly from your order's page.

You can find more information about our module at: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-logistics-delivery-prestashop-modules/17696-stampscom-label-printing.html .

Thank you,

Web VIZO

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone,

We are not sure if there is anyone still interested in a Stamps.com integration module, however, we have just released a module that enables you to generate Stamps.com shipping labels directly from your order's page.

You can find more information about our module at: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-logistics-delivery-prestashop-modules/17696-stampscom-label-printing.html .

Thank you,

Web VIZO

Just purchased and installed your module to the modules folder. Now when I go to Modules in the back office I get this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module WebVizoCarrierModule:

Declaration of WebVizoCarrierModule::getOrderShippingCost() must be compatible with that of CarrierModuleCore::getOrderShippingCost()

As soon as I remove your product all is back to normal. The Read Me file doesn't seem to address anything about set up - can you assist?

Joe

Just purchased and installed your module to the modules folder. Now when I go to Modules in the back office I get this error:

Declaration of WebVizoCarrierModule::getOrderShippingCost() must be compatible with that of CarrierModuleCore::getOrderShippingCost()

As soon as I remove your product all is back to normal. The Read Me file doesn't seem to address anything about set up - can you assist?

Joe

Hello Joe,

Thank you for choosing our module.

In regards to the issue, we are glad to assist you with this problem and any other that you may have.

This issue may be related to your PrestaShop version (not supported by our module), or a customization in your store files. We noticed that you already contacted us through the PrestaShop's contact form, and we will contact you through the form to retrieve more information about this issue.

Best regards,

Web VIZO.

Edited by Web VIZO (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Joe

Hey Joe...did this ever get resolved for you?  I just bought the plugin and just like all plugins I buy for Prestashop...none of them work without a weeks worth of tech support.  I am getting the exact error you did.

Hey Joe...did this ever get resolved for you?  I just bought the plugin and just like all plugins I buy for Prestashop...none of them work without a weeks worth of tech support.  I am getting the exact error you did.

Hello planbjz,

As we informed Joe and you in the support message that you sent us, this is a known issue that will be addressed in our module's next release. We are asking the customers that are having this issue, to please contact us so we can apply the changes in their store that will address this issue.

Best regards,

Web VIZO.