<SOLVED>How to Duplicate Block Advertising module in 1.4

jmase

Hello! I was using 1.36 before and I could duplicate modules just fine by renaming the tpl files etc,

however, when I am trying to duplicate the "block advertsing" module by using the same method but whenever i upload it, it is just linked to the original block advertising module and still shares the same name.

I have also noticed there is now a blockadvertising.css and a config file - Do i need to edit any of these for my duplicate module to work?

If anyone has managed to duplicate the block advertising module or has another solution could you please upload the zip file or tell me which files / code i need to change for my duplicate to work.

cheers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey :)

Can someone please do me a favor and upload their duplicated block advertising, iam using 1.4.3 and have been struggling for to long now, eish!

Much Appreciated!

After reading numerous posts where others are trying to duplicate the advertising block in 1.4 I managed to get it working.

In 1.4 a few more things need to be changed:

BLOCKADVERT2_LINK

BLOCKADVERT2_TITLE

BLOCKADVERT2_IMG_EXT

Can someone please look at blockadvertising2 php and tpl files and and see if I have changed everything correctly. I'm still learning PS, I'm an OSC convert, cheers.

It appears to work fine.

*don't forget to CHMOD your blockadvert2 folder to 777 after you upload it or you won't be able to add an image.

Hope this helps someone.

blockadvertising2_1.4.5.1.zip

• Like 1