[solved]Move PS from local host to webserver

Thanks Saach, I will try that. I'm very grately all my questions got an answer at the forum, every time. Seems that I got lucky since I found Prestashop. Previously I was stuck with some lousy Chinese non -open source software and it was terrible!

• 2 weeks later...

'It works!' is the index.html file in the root folder of my shop. When I ran on local server, these words never show and the homepage displays.

I did copy the Prestashop files in root. When I install the Prestashop newly from scratch on my domain, there is no problem. But when I move the modified files from my localhost, only 'it works' can be seen. It's like the index.html file is not linked to php and database etc?

And I just found I can enter backoffice without any problem! So why the front office only shows 'it works'?

'It works!' is the index.html file in the root folder of my shop. When I ran on local server, these words never show and the homepage displays.

I did copy the Prestashop files in root. When I install the Prestashop newly from scratch on my domain, there is no problem. But when I move the modified files from my localhost, only 'it works' can be seen. It's like the index.html file is not linked to php and database etc?

And I just found I can enter backoffice without any problem! So why the front office only shows 'it works'?

delete index.html from your root because prestashop has index.php
and voilaaa

I love it when I'm right :P

The reason it works differently locally and remotely is that the two systems are using a different priority order when searching for a default page to use. When you go to a directory (including the root directory) of a web site with no file specified, then the web server looks for files starting with "index" to use as a default (and in fact it doesn't have to be index, but it is standard/common). The order of preference might then be to look for index.html and if not found look for index.htm, and if not found look for index.php, and then if not found look for index.cgi etc. etc. The exact order is configured on the server, and in your case they must be different, so a different result on each machine.

Have fun,

Paul

I love it when I'm right :P

The reason it works differently locally and remotely is that the two systems are using a different priority order when searching for a default page to use. When you go to a directory (including the root directory) of a web site with no file specified, then the web server looks for files starting with "index" to use as a default (and in fact it doesn't have to be index, but it is standard/common). The order of preference might then be to look for index.html and if not found look for index.htm, and if not found look for index.php, and then if not found look for index.cgi etc. etc. The exact order is configured on the server, and in your case they must be different, so a different result on each machine.

Have fun,

Paul

Yes, you are really good! :-) Without your help, I don't know when I can figure out what has caused the strange problem by myself. Learnt something again.

Thanks and Best regards

Clau
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...