[SOLVED] How to change site description

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi I am using prestashop 1.4.5.1 and the meta tags section is not an option in the version of prestashop( or i simply cannot find it)

when you search for my site in google the website description is simply the cms links at the top of my webpage. This is what is displayed in google:

€; £. en; fr · es · de · it. Cart: 0 product products £0.00 (empty). Welcome,; Home · contact · sitemap · Log in · Your Account. Dresses · Tops · T- ...

Could you please explain to me how to edit the website description that appears in google. I am using prestashop 1.4.5.1

Thanks

Fred

• 1 year later...

ohh now i see what you want to change.

if you change website description you must wait some time to see it in google. It takes several days. It's not related to prestashop but this is how google works. you have to wait - and you will see old description until the google bot visits your site and indexes it again

ohh now i see what you want to change.

if you change website description you must wait some time to see it in google. It takes several days. It's not related to prestashop but this is how google works. you have to wait - and you will see old description until the google bot visits your site and indexes it again

It's been a week already.

The meta description should be :We specialize in cabinet hardware, like door knobs, cabinet door, drawer handles, stainless steel drawer grips, antique style brass and oriental bronze door handles and knobs.

but when I search google it shows :

Home hardware warehouse, retail hardware for wholesale prices. English (English). English (English); Deutsch (German) · Español (Spanish) · Français (French).

When I go to preview url :

Preview
Search Results

Home hardware warehouse, retail hardware for wholesale prices
www.home-hardware-warehouse.com/

The excerpt from the page will show up here. The reason we can't show text from your webpage is because the text depends on the query the user types.

the html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"><head><title>Home hardware warehouse, retail hardware for wholesale prices</title><meta name="description" content="We specialize in cabinet hardware, like door knobs, cabinet door, drawer handles, stainless steel drawer grips, antique style brass and oriental bronze door handles and knobs." />

but below this:

Home hardware warehouse, retail hardware for wholesale prices

www.home-hardware-warehouse.com/

The excerpt from the page will show up here. The reason we can't show text from your webpage is because the text depends on the query the user types.

you will have something similar that i attached in my post above

you haven't got it there?