500 Internal Server error

Hi, I have installed prestashop 1.7.3 at the first time and get "500 Internal Server Error " 

I have asked my hosting provider for a help and they told me that there is a script issue (please see below)

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException' with message 'Failed to copy "http://i18n.prestashop.com/translations/1.7.3.3/en-US/en-US.zip" to "/hermes/bosnaweb22a/b1385/ipg.ms868572989/serenityindonesia.com/translations/sf-en-US.zip" because source file could not be opened for reading.' in /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b1385/ipg.ms868572989/serenityindonesia.com/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php:55

Can you help please

Strange. Probably a server issue. You can try to see more if you remove @ on this line:

if (false === $source = @fopen($originFile, 'r')) {

in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php

On 6/21/2018 at 9:52 PM, nadie said:

No one of the links is provide a solution (I got the error on 1.7.4) I know is beta but is the same error I got the same error and these error is on many post you can check others post)

I use to install the store just on  English since 1.7.3 to avoid these error but now not working even install just English to try the install the language after the installation

* Is not the server requirements I have more than  12  stores running 1.7.3,

* Is not the configuration of the allow_url_open

* Is not the Internet connection, I did the download of the file with a script with not problem

* Is not a access problem because the apache user have access to all the directories

Sure is something with the configuration because is working to other people but no of the answers point to the right direction at least on these post

Finally I got 1 work around  is not  the better solution but at least works to install

I dont understand why dont work with these version but is here in case somebody got similar problem

I download the zip files for the languages from   http://i18n.prestashop.com/translations/1.7.3.3/en-US/en-US.zip

Not just english the others languages too, 

I copy to the files on directory translations

In my first test the files were download without problem, that mean no internet conection problem, no curl problem ) but on a clean install i just put the files there

2 When to the class Languages.php search the function downloadXLFLanguagePack  search for

$fs->copy($url, $file, true);

the just comment the line

//$fs->copy($url, $file, true);

The installation works great I after installed other languages without problem

the problem came with the copy but I dont have a clue why

hace 5 horas, jgamio dijo:

No one of the links is provide a solution (I got the error on 1.7.4) I know is beta but is the same error I got the same error and these error is on many post you can check others post)

I use to install the store just on  English since 1.7.3 to avoid these error but now not working even install just English to try the install the language after the installation

* Is not the server requirements I have more than  12  stores running 1.7.3,

* Is not the configuration of the allow_url_open

* Is not the Internet connection, I did the download of the file with a script with not problem

* Is not a access problem because the apache user have access to all the directories

Sure is something with the configuration because is working to other people but no of the answers point to the right direction at least on these post

hace 4 horas, jgamio dijo:

Finally I got 1 work around  is not  the better solution but at least works to install

I dont understand why dont work with these version but is here in case somebody got similar problem

I download the zip files for the languages from   http://i18n.prestashop.com/translations/1.7.3.3/en-US/en-US.zip

Not just english the others languages too, 

I copy to the files on directory translations

In my first test the files were download without problem, that mean no internet conection problem, no curl problem ) but on a clean install i just put the files there

2 When to the class Languages.php search the function downloadXLFLanguagePack  search for

$fs->copy($url, $file, true);

the just comment the line

//$fs->copy($url, $file, true);

The installation works great I after installed other languages without problem

the problem came with the copy but I dont have a clue why

I have installed Prestashop 1.7.3 and Prestashop 1.7.4 without problems and I have not had to modify files.

If it works for me and not others the problem has to come from some kind of configuration. 

In your particular case you comment on the "copy" function and manually copy the language file, but I have installed it without problems and it has not been necessary to do it manually.

Sorry for my English

PD:  (maybe it's even a bug)

Edited by nadie (see edit history)

7 hours ago, nadie said:

I have installed Prestashop 1.7.3 and Prestashop 1.7.4 without problems and I have not had to modify files.

If it works for me and not others the problem has to come from some kind of configuration. 

In your particular case you comment on the "copy" function and manually copy the language file, but I have installed it without problems and it has not been necessary to do it manually.

Sorry for my English

PD:  (maybe it's even a bug)

You are right about is something different but  these not only happen to me.  ( Just check the forum )

I am sure many people just do it ok but none of the basic solutions works at least to me, I havent had time to checkout the real problem is but

1 - Is not the system requirements . These happen to me on my local machines I have almost 40 stores where 12 are 1.7 and 3 are 1.7.3 without problem

2 - Is not a access problem

3 - Is not a curl problem

In fact I check these morning a clear installation using my changes after I revert my change on the class, then I when to  install the additional languages use the backoffice,  surprise no problem to download and install any of the language packs these is the same function that the installer use

That mean these just happen on the install process, if work from the backoffice is not a standard configuration fix,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This is due,

allow_url_fopen is set to off

in your php.ini/pool.d/or webserver configuration

Had the same issue,

[error] 1903#1903: *174 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException: Failed to copy "http://i18n.prestashop.com/translations/1.7.4.0/en-US/en-US.zip" to "/xxxxx/translations/sf-en-US.zip" because source file could not be opened for reading. in /xxxxxx/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php:57
Stack trace:

What it actually means,
"No such file or directory"

Tested and worked after,

php_admin_flag[allow_url_fopen] = on

In my /etc/php/7.1/fpm/pool.d/<DOMAIN.TLD>.conf

This can also be set in,
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/<DOMAIN.TLD>.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/<DOMAIN.TLD>
/etc/php/fpm/php.ini
/etc/php/<VERSION>/fpm/php.ini
/etc/php/<VERSION>/fpm/pool.d/..

and what not..

/js

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with what appears to be a language pack I copied over an existing store and database. Checking the symfony debug logs I get this 

Translation not found.Context: { "id": "Standard product", "domain": "messages", "locale": "en-US" }

This is a current install and it is preventing me from adding new products or even opening the preview screen. Looking at this thread would any of you suggest I re-download the language pack or reinstall the server from scratch? Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to lose any of the information and looking around the net no one has found a solution.

• 9 months later...