Does upgrade affect themes

ptityop

Hi,

I am about to upgrade from 1.6.1.9 to the latest version but would like to know if that implies changing the theme if using a third party theme, and if I can find info on what needs to be changed.Many thanks

Hi, there is not currently a PS supplied autoupgrade from 1.6, we must assume you are thinking to upgrade to 1.7.  However you would then upgrade to 1.7,  then you will not only need new theme but also 1.7 compliant modules (3rd party) that  you use.

If you upgrade to later version of 1.6 you theme and modules should be fine but during upgrade setup select 'do not update default theme'.  Also you should upgrade on a copy of your production shop before considering upgrading prod.  Typically we would build separate upgrade copy and replace prod with that.

happy selling, el

there are no default options for migration of data from Prestashop.  There are third party services and modules that you could look into, that claim to migrate the data, and you could look into those options.

There is an upgrade path from PS v1.6 to PS v1.7, so I can get you to the latest version of Prestashop (PS v1.7.3.3), however as El Patron stated, your theme and likely most of third party modules will stop working and you would need to locate replacements if they are critical to your business. 

I do offer paid upgrade services if that is something you are looking for.  Feel free to contact me via my website contact page if that is something you are interested in.