en Jump to content
ets-soft

Migrate or Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 – FREE module

Hello there!

After a day trying to upgrade an old PS 1.4 to 1.6 while being a WordPress sysadmin guy until now, I really think your premium plugin could help by starting on a fresh basis. So first off, thanks for your work.

Though, before jumping into it, I feel like there are one or two steps missing in the 3 step process that I would like to understand:
How can you migrate a website on a given domain to another website with the same domain name?

Either you need two servers with the same domain on it, but then how do you reach the second one? Or you need to use a different domain or a subdomain or to install the new prestashop in /anotherdir. All these methods would imply that your website's URL will change, so you need to end the process with a URL change.

Could you please clarify how exactly this is handled in the migration process?

Kind regards

Edit: I think I'm dumb > The destination website can just pull data from the source website... Would be my best guess. But you would still need two servers and work with your host files if you wish to keep the same domain name.

Edited by Robin

Hi 

Thanks for your interest in our module 

Here is my explanation how our module works

To use our module, the website URL of the source website should be available while migrating the data. source website and target website can be on the same server or different servers

if you have domain or another temporary domain that would be great. However, if you have only 1 domain, and using only 1 server, that's ok, you can install 1.7 site in a folder "newsite" under your root folder

So, your source site (original site) should be: www.yourdomain.com

The target website (1.7 site) should be: www.yourdomain.com/newsite

When using our module, you need to install Prestashop connector module to your source site

Then install "Prestashop migrator" module (premium module) or free module which I shared above on target website

Get the connector URL and Access token, put them on target website (1.7) and start migrating

Wait for some minutes until the migration is done

After migration, you can copy your "newsite" to your root folder and use the same domain for 1.7 site 

Now you are done, enjoy your new site

If you want to migrate more data which are not supported in free module, just purchase and enjoy our Premium module 

Here is the link https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/32298-prestashop-migrator-upgrade-prestashop-to-17.html?_ga=2.245593476.1879104026.1533700680-1713221174.1475285675

I will support you whenever you need

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for this very detailed answer.

So I assume the migrator copies over the URL name to the target website, which can then only work with the desired URLs once you replaced the source with the updated one.

Man, that's perfect. I'll do further testing with the Free version, then purchase this wonderful tool.

Best regards!

Mhh... Getting error 500 that does not seem to be caused by PHP limits. Not sure if that's the right place to share this, but here are the three identified errors in logs from the source server:

500	GET /modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php?presconnector=1&pres2prestocken=KEYHERE&zip_file_name=oc2m_data_S6ZhuuD HTTP/1.1

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require_once(/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules//authorizeaim/backward_compatibility/Context.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 29

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules//authorizeaim/backward_compatibility/Context.php' (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/5.6/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 29

Same error happens upon visiting the connector URL.

So I installed the backward compatibility module which unfortunately didn't help (same error). This website I'm working on definitely hates me.

Any clue?

Thank you

Edit: Some clue
I added these files manually to /modules/authorizeaim/backward_compatibility
Found in the prestashop addon: https://addons.prestashop.com/fr/migration-donnees-sauvegarde/6222-.html

Edit 2:
New error:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function ajaxPercentageExport() on null in /var/www/vhosts/laboiteaetoles.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 38

Edited by Robin

Hi 

Please try to export the data by clicking on "Download" button at "Prestashop connector" module

Then upload the file to import on your target site 

Regards

Hello,

I've read your other posts and the first post entirely and should have mentioned: Sadly, the Download feature fails as well in my case.
When clicking on it, it shows an admin page in "Admin Panel > Modules" where only the text "x2" is written in the page body. 

5b6c104bbdfcd_psfaildownloaddata.thumb.PNG.0211467ae01b9e8f4ff3384b41b1bceb.PNG

No error in logs when this occurs.

Thanks for the module just gave it a shot and got it to export just fine, doing it all locally on my own machine, as soon as I click to start the migration on the new site it instantly stops, doesn't even appear to attempt to run before warning be about limits, I've already set the limits higher than what is suggested too. 

I have been tried the free version and doesn't work for me.

When I try to migrate with http link doesn't finish and when I try to migrate by the download file show me an error

Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. This problem happens because the server is too LIMITED in resource usability.
Below are suggested solutions for the problem:
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to copy the target website to a better server or even alocal computer (give maximum server resource usability for the website) then start the migration again.

The settings I have is

max_execution_time 3600
max_input_time 600
max_input_vars 12000
memory_limit 512M

Can you help me?

On 10/08/2018 at 3:35 AM, ets-soft said:

Hi Robin,

The text is not from our module. As I see on the screenshot, it seems your site got error with jquery, pls replace your jquery file to the new jquery file which I send in this message

image.png.3ca84d13037047999d7f27da0bef930b.png

Regards

jquery-1.11.0.min.js

Thank you.
I'm not sure how to properly replace it, like I said, I'm usually more into WordPress and have very little knowledge of PS for now.

I went to /httpdocs/js/jquery, then added the file and renamed the older one to end with .bak, saw no change, then I tried to rename jquery-1.11.0.min.js to jquery-1.4.4.min.js, but the same error occurs. Am I doing it wrong?

Hello,

Thank you, unfortunately, no luck for me.

Source server logs show error 500 and these:

500 GET /modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php?presconnector=1&ajaxPercentageExport=1&zip_file_name=oc2m_data_ycS2xMQ HTTP/1.1

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function ajaxPercentageExport() on null in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 38

Since the zip export does not work for me, that might be the reason.

Hi @ets-soft doesn't work for me :(

I still have the same problem when I import from my computer and when I use the link.

There is any way to know more detailed the problem? Any chance the import be slower to check if can be the server problem?

Edited by FerreireX

1 hour ago, FerreireX said:

Hi @ets-soft doesn't work for me :(

I still have the same problem when I import from my computer and when I use the link.

There is any way to know more detailed the problem? Any chance the import be slower to check if can be the server problem?

Have you followed the instruction showing when you import?

Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. This problem happens because the server is too LIMITED in resource usability.
Below are suggested solutions for the problem:
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to copy the target website to a better server or even alocal computer (give maximum server resource usability for the website) then start the migration again.