en Jump to content
ets-soft

Migrate or Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 – FREE module

OVERVIEW

Migrate or upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 is always a challenge even for advanced Prestashop users because code and database of Prestashop has been changed completely since its release of version 1.7.

Understand the difficulty to upgrade Prestashop to 1.7, we have made “Prestashop Migrator – Free version” – a perfect Prestashop module that helps you migrate your website to 1.7 easily in a few simple steps.

preview10.jpg

HOW TO MIGRATE MY WEBSITE TO 1.7?

It’s very simple, just download “Prestashop Migrator” then follow 3 simple steps below

Step 1: Install “Prestashop connector” – a free Prestashop module provided along with the download package on the source website (your old website.)

Step 2: Install a fresh Prestashop 1.7 website (target website) then install “Prestashop migrator” on the website you just installed.

Step 3: Start migrating your data from the source website to target website. Wait a few minutes and enjoy your new Prestashop 1.7 website.

WHAT DATA CAN I MIGRATE?

You can migrate the most important data to Prestashop 1.7 (or other versions 1.4, 1.5, 1.6), details listed below

Products

All product data such as name, ref, description, image, combinations, features, prices, specific prices, SEO settings (meta title, meta description, meta keywords and friendly URL), product ID, product quantity, etc.

Categories

Name, description, image, category ID, SEO settings (meta title, meta description, meta keywords and friendly URL), etc.

Customers

First name, last name, customer ID, gender, birthday, addresses, passwords, etc.

FEATURES

• Migrate Prestashop 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6 to Prestashop 1.7
  • Migrate data between Prestashop websites (any versions)
  • Downgrade Prestashop to a previous version (eg: Prestashop 1.7 to 1.6)
  • Bulk data upload (valid XML data format required)
  • Backup data
  • Possibility to  keep customer passwords or regenerate new passwords for customers
  • Migrate multi-shop
  • Migrate many Prestashop websites into 1 shop (merge shops)
  • Migrate multi-shop to separate Prestashop websites (split shops)
  • Migration history (view migration history, resum or restart migration anytime)
  • Clean-up (save your disk space)

WHY PRESTASHOP MIGRATOR?

It’s FREE

There are some other Prestasho to Prestashop migration tools out there but they’re all PAID modules, you’re required to buy the modules with a lot of money. Not everyone can afford to pay for such modules so we made this module, it’s free for you to migrate the most important data from Prestashop 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6 to Prestashop 1.7.

It’s complete data migration tool

With Prestashop Migrator, you can migrate your most import data (products, product combinations and features, images, SEO settings, categories, customers, addresses, customer passwords, multishop, etc.) to Prestashop 1.7 in a few clicks of your computer mouse. That’s amazing! Some other paid modules out there may also not be able to do that!

Fast and secure

This is the fastest Prestashop migration module ever! It uses advanced technologies to migrate data such as jQuery Ajax, multi-threads, non-stop process, etc. The migration is done with a secure access token to make sure you never lose any data to a third party while performing the migration.

Process large data with minimum server resource

Large data is split into small pieces of data, the module processes the data pieces one by one with a minimum requirement of your sever resource. You can migrate 10.000+ products to Prestashop 1.7 in a few minutes with a low configuration server.

That’s all about “Prestashop Migrator - Free version”, just download it (in the attachment of this topic) for free and enjoy! We hope you like your new Prestashop 1.7.

GO PREMIUM

If you only need to migrate major data (products, categories and customers) to Prestashop 1.7 (or other versions), the free version enough for you. However if you want to migrate EVERYTHING and get premium support, you need to purchase premium version of "Prestashop Migrator" which is available at: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/32298-prestashop-migrator-upgrade-prestashop-to-17.html

An introduction video is also available for you to understand more about how Prestashop Migrator works (both free version and premium version)

What is different between free version and premium version?

They're completely the same in the way they work. The only different thing is Premium version allows you migrate EVERYTHING from your old Prestashop website to Prestashop 1.7 while Free version only allows you to migrate the most important data products, categories and customers (I know this is enough for most of people).

Below are details of what you can migrate to Prestashop 1.7 (or any other versions) with "Prestashop Migrator - Premium version":

1. Products & categories

• General information: name, status, description, product ID, reference, ISBN, EAN-13 or JAN barcode, etc.
  • Product combinations and features
  • Shipping settings: width, height, depth, weight, additional shipping fees, available carriers.
  • Prices: Price (tax excl.), Price (tax incl.), Price per unit (tax excl.), specific prices, taxes settings, etc.
  • SEO settings: Meta title, Meta description, keywords, friendly URL.
  • Product customization
  • Product images and category images: main image and thumbnail images.

2. Orders & shopping carts

• General information: order Ref, order ID, order status, prices, etc.
  • Shipping information
  • Payment information
  • Product list
  • Invoices, delivery slip
  • Customer note, customer messages
  • Product list
  • Order statuses
  • Shopping carts
  • Invoices
  • Credit slips
  • Delivery slips

3. Customers & employees

• General information: first name, last name, email, status, profile, language, default page, etc.     
  • Passwords can be saved or regenerate new passwords for customers and employees.

4. Vouchers / Discounts

• Cart rules (discount codes are also saved)
  • Catalog price rules

5. Taxes

• Taxes
  • Tax rules to apply taxes for products

6. Carriers & shipping prices

• General settings: carrier name, logo, transit time, speed grade, tracking URL
  • Shipping locations & costs: Add handling cost status, free shipping status, billing type, shipping tax, out of range behavior option, price ranges (all zones, all ranges)
  • Size, weight and group access: Maximum package width (cm), Maximum package height (cm), Maximum package depth (cm), Maximum package weight (kg), Group access

7. CMS pages

• General information: Name, status, content, Indexation by search engines status, etc.
  • CMS categories

8. Customer messages & services

• Customer messages via contact form
  • Customer services (departments)
  • Merchandise Returns

9. Multi-shop data

• Shop groups
  • Shops
  • All data of each shop (products, categories, customers, orders, etc.)

10. Localization data

• Languages
  • Currencies
  • Countries
  • Zones

11. SEO settings

All SEO settings such as Meta title, Meta descriptions, Meta keywords, friendly URL, etc. are also migrated from your old website to the new site. You can keep your SEO ranking on Google and all other search engines.

Migrate Prestashop to 1.7 is completely safe with Prestashop Migrator! Don't hesitate, migrate your website to 1.7 now!

free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

Edited by ets-soft

On 5/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, Rho_Bur said:

Does it migrates orders, carts, messages?

No, it doesn't in  this free version.

This is a free version that helps migrate the most important data: Products, categories, customers (can keep customer passwords), addresses, images, taxes, SEO settings, etc. If you need to migrate other kinds of data such as orders, carts, messages, employee accounts, invoices, etc. You will need to purchase its premium version.

15 hours ago, toplakd said:

I have read the PDF and its saying module is migrating:

• categories,
  • customers
  • products

yes, that's correct. It can migrate categoires, customers, products and some related data such as taxes, images, SEO settings, etc.

8 hours ago, ritopina said:

Hi, Thank for this free module

Your are the BEST !!!!

Thanks for your encouragement. Hope this module helps you something.

2 hours ago, toplakd said:

Where can we find a link to premium version to see it's price?

thanks for your interest in the premium version. this is the link: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/32298-prestashop-migrator-upgrade-prestashop-to-17.html 

The premium version works the same way as the free version, It just migrates more data. But the free version already migrate the most important data (products, categories and customers), if you don't need other minor data you can just use the free version. Otherwise, you can purchase the premium version to migrate more data and also get premium support from our support team

Cheers!

So what is the difference between your Migrator and your "1 click to migrate"?

Will it work on Thirtybees?

Well, just to understand exactly; the 1-click presumably upgrades the 1.6+ to 1.7+; it doesn't of course upgrade the theme or the modules but it is advertised as upgrading the DB.

What does this free module differently?

Just to be clear for everybody.

And, congrats on your work!

On 5/21/2018 at 7:39 PM, Rho_Bur said:

Well, just to understand exactly; the 1-click presumably upgrades the 1.6+ to 1.7+; it doesn't of course upgrade the theme or the modules but it is advertised as upgrading the DB.

What does this free module differently?

Just to be clear for everybody.

And, congrats on your work!

Hi Rho_Bur

Thank you for your encouragement on my works, our team and I spent many moths for developing such module that can helps migrate all lower versions - Prestashop website to 1.7 perfectly without any coding knowledge.

The premium version of Presatshop Migrator is available at: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/32298-prestashop-migrator-upgrade-prestashop-to-17.html 

To answer to your question "What are differrent between free version and premium version of Prestashop Migrator":

They're completely the same in the way it works. The only different thing is Premium version allows you migrate EVERYTHING from your old Prestashop website to Prestashop 1.7 while Free version only allows you to migrate the most important data products, categories and customers (I know this is enough for most of people).

Below are details of what can be migrated:

1. Products & categories

• General information: name, status, description, product ID, reference, ISBN, EAN-13 or JAN barcode, etc.
  • Product combinations and features
  • Shipping settings: width, height, depth, weight, additional shipping fees, available carriers.
  • Prices: Price (tax excl.), Price (tax incl.), Price per unit (tax excl.), specific prices, taxes settings, etc.
  • Product customization
  • Product images and category images: main image and thumbnail images.

2. Orders & shopping carts

• General information: order Ref, order ID, order status, prices, etc.
  • Shipping information
  • Payment information
  • Product list
  • Invoices, delivery slip
  • Customer note, customer messages
  • Product list
  • Order statuses
  • Shopping carts
  • Invoices
  • Credit slips
  • Delivery slips

3. Customers & employees

• General information: first name, last name, email, status, profile, language, default page, etc.     
  • Passwords can be saved or regenerate new passwords for customers and employees.

4. Vouchers / Discounts

• Cart rules (discount codes are also saved)
  • Catalog price rules

5. Taxes

• Taxes
  • Tax rules to apply taxes for products

6. Carriers & shipping prices

• General settings: carrier name, logo, transit time, speed grade, tracking URL
  • Shipping locations & costs: Add handling cost status, free shipping status, billing type, shipping tax, out of range behavior option, price ranges (all zones, all ranges)
  • Size, weight and group access: Maximum package width (cm), Maximum package height (cm), Maximum package depth (cm), Maximum package weight (kg), Group access

7. CMS pages

• General information: Name, status, content, Indexation by search engines status, etc.
  • CMS categories

8. Customer messages & services

• Customer messages via contact form
  • Customer services (departments)
  • Merchandise Returns

9. Multi-shop data

• Shop groups
  • Shops
  • All data of each shop (products, categories, customers, orders, etc.)

10. Localization data

• Languages
  • Currencies
  • Countries
  • Zones

11. SEO settings

All SEO settings such as Meta title, Meta descriptions, Meta keywords, friendly URL, etc. are also migrated from your old website to the new site. You can keep your SEO ranking on Google and all other search engines.

Cheers!

On 5/21/2018 at 4:19 PM, toplakd said:

So what is the difference between your Migrator and your "1 click to migrate"?

Will it work on Thirtybees?

"1 click to migrate" which is avaiable at https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/31424-1-click-to-migrate-or-upgrade.html

is a diffrent  Prestashop migration module. The main diffrence is "1 CLICK TO MIGRATE"  aims at migration by "Export data from the source website - Prestashop 1.6 or older version " then "Import the exported data in to target website - Prestashop 1.7" - no connector module is required while "Prestashop Migrator" aims at migration by "Connect target website with source website using a Connector module to perform the migration"

Thirtybees is actually Prestashop 1.6, so you can migrate Thirybees to Prestashop 1.7 (or any other versions) using "Prestashop migrtor", so this module should also be a "ThirtyBees to Prestashop" migration tool, (and also "Prestashop to ThirtyBees")

Thanks for your intesting question

Edited by ets-soft

But both will do the job when migrating Data between different versions of 1.6? As I do not have the plan to "downgrade" to 1.7 :)

1 hour ago, toplakd said:

But both will do the job when migrating Data between different versions of 1.6? As I do not have the plan to "downgrade" to 1.7 :)

Yes, certainly. you can use one of them to do the job.

@ETS-Soft Can someone please reply to my support ticket - I purchased your premium migration component and it simply doesn't work as advertised... Thread #489244

i used the free tool and i was ready to buy the premium tool but i think i wait i read the last comment i think ill wait for the reply. customer support is realy slow and in 2 words. the probleem i have is that all the prices and pictures disapeared after importing. import didnt work with connector see image so i had to use a back up file. so now after importing de backup zipfile. prices combinations features atributes are gone. and if i try to edit a product everything goes wrong. so it definitly not working as described. i would look for another module  

image.png

Our module works well but due to the server limitation, please make sure that all parameters of your web server are ready for the migration:

• max_execution_time should be 3600 or more
  • memory_limit should be 512M or more
  • max_input_vars should be 12000 or more

I am sorry to share with you, but I am not able to find ETS PrestaShop Connector module (the name of the ZIP that you Uploaded on the Source PSHOP was ets_press2pressconnector.zip).

There's no such thing in addons.

Tried to find the module by zip file name - no results.

Tried to search like ETS-Soft Prestashop Connector v.1.0.1 - No results.

Where could we download this Prestashop Connector Plugin?

On 6/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, Void_Runner said:

I am sorry to share with you, but I am not able to find ETS PrestaShop Connector module (the name of the ZIP that you Uploaded on the Source PSHOP was ets_press2pressconnector.zip).

There's no such thing in addons.

Tried to find the module by zip file name - no results.

Tried to search like ETS-Soft Prestashop Connector v.1.0.1 - No results.

Where could we download this Prestashop Connector Plugin?

Hi 

Pls see my screenshot http://prntscr.com/jris4b 

You will see the module inside "Plugins" folder
I also uploaded the module in this message,  you can download from the attachment and start the migration

ets_pres2presconnector.zip

On 6/3/2018 at 11:11 PM, centoasa said:

With premium version it's possible export only active products?

Hi 

Thanks for your interest in our module

The module is using to export all related information of the products (both active products and inactive products) 

Thanks for the collaboration with the Prestashop community
I have done some tests with the "free version" of the module and it looks good.

I have "made" a "little guide (review)" in Spanish for the Spanish Prestashop community -> https://victor-rodenas.com/migrar-datos-de-prestashop-1-4-1-5-1-6-a-la-version-1-7/

PS: if I have time, I will do a thorough test. :)

Sorry for my English,

Edited by nadie

6 hours ago, nadie said:

Thanks for the collaboration with the Prestashop community
I have done some tests with the "free version" of the module and it looks good.

I have "made" a "little guide (review)" in Spanish for the Spanish Prestashop community -> https://victor-rodenas.com/migrar-datos-de-prestashop-1-4-1-5-1-6-a-la-version-1-7/

PS: if I have time, I will do a thorough test. :)

Sorry for my English,

Yes, thanks for your time to write the guide in spanish, it will help lots of people 

i tried to migrate using free version .after migrating all products show discount price by 2%which is not visible anywhere in the backoffice.anyone else had such problem and how did it get solved. please help 

Hi, i try using free version but when i star data migration  it stuck at 85-90% and it is holding, not moving anywhere :-(

i change parametars to 

but it is still not moving (wait more than one hour)

please can somebody help?

p.s ame hapend when i use conector or upload file...

Edited by ivanri22

On 6/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, manish2222 said:

i tried to migrate using free version .after migrating all products show discount price by 2%which is not visible anywhere in the backoffice.anyone else had such problem and how did it get solved. please help 

Hi Manish 

To remove the discount, you might see them in:

1. From product editing at back office (in Price tab at Speical price section) http://prntscr.com/jua1ri 

2. From cart rule or catalog price rule  http://prntscr.com/jua22z 

3. At customer group setting http://prntscr.com/jua28e

Hope you will find it

6 hours ago, ivanri22 said:

Hi, i try using free version but when i star data migration  it stuck at 85-90% and it is holding, not moving anywhere :-(

i change parametars to 

but it is still not moving (wait more than one hour)

please can somebody help?

p.s ame hapend when i use conector or upload file...

Hi

You might need to wait for more time (maybe your site has many products and images which need more time to transfer all of them and 1 hour is not enough)

Just pls try again 

hi

the problem happens because some of your server resource is too limited such as max execution time, the frequency of accepted HTTP requests, memory limit, etc

This is our recommended settings for server (of both source and target website):

max_execution_time should 3600 or more
memory_limit should be 512M or more
max_input_vars should be 12000 or more 

You can also try to copy your website to another stronger server and try the migration.

We're working on an update for the module, for the next version it will require less server resource, the update has been done for the premium version. It will be done soon for free version

11 hours ago, samuelongui said:

I started a new migration but stops at same point. I think this module has a data limitation.5b290c42de490_Sin-ttulo-1.jpg.f20e67d26883268265d2fb3e309cb906.jpg

hi

the problem happens because some of your server resource is too limited such as max execution time, the frequency of accepted HTTP requests, memory limit, etc

This is our recommended settings for server (of both source and target website):

max_execution_time should 3600 or more
memory_limit should be 512M or more
max_input_vars should be 12000 or more 

You can also try to copy your website to another stronger server and try the migration.

We're working on an update for the module, for the next version it will require less server resource, the update has been done for the premium version. It will be done soon for free version