ets-soft

Migrate or Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 – FREE module

I used free module 1.1.7 before (migrate from 1.5.6.2 to 1.7.6.1), downloaded data from source web (www.mydomain.com.au) and uploaded to target web (www.mydomain.com.au/test). we made it! but no product images showed up. 

Because recently we found some admin panel errors related to javascript after we configure some modules, the developer of the module suggested us to fresh reinstall the 1.7.6 rather than waste time to fix javascript code errors.  Today, we uninstall everything and re-installed the 1.7.6.1. This time, we used both 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 free migrator module and hoped that we can do the data migrate again. However we failed.

we set up all the parameters of our server as following,

max_execution_time: 30000

max_input_time: 3000

max_input_vars: 30000

memory_limit: 2G

we tried many times, by direct migrate (always stops at 94%) or download source web and then upload to target web (always stuck at 1%, ridiculous). I am quite sure that our server provider is fine because we were successful in the first time. And the server provider recommended us to get help from you. 

Can you help us to solve this problem?  If this time we can make it, we are going to buy the premium migrator because we need a complete data transfer from old web.

I attached the pic for two ways of migrating we used. one is direct and another one is download source web and upload to target one 

I think I did what I can do, please advise.

Thank you very much

Michael

suggestion.jpg

migrater.jpg

3 hours ago, Hartung said:

Do I need to add something to the database?

*ERROR*     2019/08/28 - 09:04:24: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'<br /><br /><pre>INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`id_shop_group`, `id_shop`, `name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) VALUES (NULL, NULL, 'ETS_PRES2PRES_CONNECTOR', '1', '2019-08-28 09:04:24', '2019-08-28 09:04:24')</pre> at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php

22 hours ago, Hartung said:

Do I need to add something to the database??

*ERROR*     2019/08/28 - 09:04:24: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'<br /><br /><pre>INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`id_shop_group`, `id_shop`, `name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) VALUES (NULL, NULL, 'ETS_PRES2PRES_CONNECTOR', '1', '2019-08-28 09:04:24', '2019-08-28 09:04:24')</pre> at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php

When turn on error report i get:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]
Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`id_shop_group`, `id_shop`, `name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) VALUES (NULL, NULL, 'ETS_PRES2PRES_CONNECTOR', '1', '2019-08-28 09:04:24', '2019-08-28 09:04:24')

at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php
786.         if ($webservice_call && $errno) {
787.             $dbg = debug_backtrace();
788.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '

'.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);

789.         } elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS')) {

790.             if ($sql) {

791.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');

792.             }

794.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());

795.         }

796.     }

Hello,

I think your SQL database has some problems. Normally, our module will search for duplicate entry, if it existed, this query "INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`id_shop_group`, `id_shop`, `name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`)...'" will change into "UPDATE...". 

Please check your database to resolve this conflict and reinstall Prestashop Connector module.

My best regard. 

Hi, 

Thanks for your quick response.

We have solved this problem because previously we have done download once. 

Luckily we still got the copy of download. 

So we uploaded the file again and it works.

Now we have not only transferred the data but also images show up (which didnt work last time).

It is really a nice module for transferring data.

Really recommend.

18 hours ago, weixuan0710 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for your quick response.

We have solved this problem because previously we have done download once. 

Luckily we still got the copy of download. 

So we uploaded the file again and it works.

Now we have not only transferred the data but also images show up (which didnt work last time).

It is really a nice module for transferring data.

Really recommend.

Hi weixuan0710,

I would like know if you are using FREE version ? 

Thx

hi, dtwfung

Yes, I did use the free version of migrator 1.1.8. Before I ask some problems have now, I would like share experience here and hopefully, this would help others.

But in the second time, when I tried to migrate my data from source web, I learnt some from my previous experience.

After I installed the fresh 1.7.6.1 version and before migrating data, i did the following things.

1. open the seo & url, enable the friendly url immediately.

2. enable ssl straightway.

3. do not use chrome browser to operate the migrating, and try to use ie or something else. 

4. check to make sure these settings "Disable no Prestashop modules” and “Disable all overrides” in the performance page are disabled.

5. Set " Template compilation" to "Force compilation" and Disbale cache on "performance" page, making sure the changes we are going to make take effects.

6. kneel in front of computer and worship to your own god, giving me best luck.:D

NEVER throw the downloaded copy into the bin by using the connector module from the first time migrating, because it is always useful if direct migrating is not working or any problem happens.

That is it.

Best regards

Michael

Dear ets-soft

I have one problem now with the tax issue on my test shop which pain my ass.

I successfully migate the data from the source web www. mydomain.com to target web www.mydomain.com/test. and my current prestashop is 1.7.6.1

After this, I found I could not add the tax into the product price.Tax included and tax excluded on the product price are always same value, meaning tax value can be added.

Previously I still had same problem in the first time of migrating, but after importing location package and enabling tax on, this problem can be fixed. 

But this time, whatever I tried, the tax or gst can not be working.

Please advise how i can sort it out. Your quick response would be really appreciated.

Best regards

Michael

tax issue 3.jpg

tax inssue 1.jpg

tax issue 2.jpg

2 hours ago, weixuan0710 said:

hi, dtwfung

Yes, I did use the free version of migrator 1.1.8. Before I ask some problems have now, I would like share experience here and hopefully, this would help others.

But in the second time, when I tried to migrate my data from source web, I learnt some from my previous experience.

After I installed the fresh 1.7.6.1 version and before migrating data, i did the following things.

1. open the seo & url, enable the friendly url immediately.

2. enable ssl straightway.

3. do not use chrome browser to operate the migrating, and try to use ie or something else. 

4. check to make sure these settings "Disable no Prestashop modules” and “Disable all overrides” in the performance page are disabled.

5. Set " Template compilation" to "Force compilation" and Disbale cache on "performance" page, making sure the changes we are going to make take effects.

6. kneel in front of computer and worship to your own god, giving me best luck.:D

NEVER throw the downloaded copy into the bin by using the connector module from the first time migrating, because it is always useful if direct migrating is not working or any problem happens.

That is it.

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thx. I used free version too for testing.

Do you find only "cover image" of every product migrated ? 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, dtwfung said:

Hi Michael,

Thx. I used free version too for testing.

Do you find only "cover image" of every product migrated ? 

Cheers

hi

Actually i got all the pictures about one product which has at least 3 pictures.

Not just cover image. However, some combinations is not right and needs to be modified.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:39 PM, weixuan0710 said:

I used free module 1.1.7 before (migrate from 1.5.6.2 to 1.7.6.1), downloaded data from source web (www.mydomain.com.au) and uploaded to target web (www.mydomain.com.au/test). we made it! but no product images showed up. 

Because recently we found some admin panel errors related to javascript after we configure some modules, the developer of the module suggested us to fresh reinstall the 1.7.6 rather than waste time to fix javascript code errors.  Today, we uninstall everything and re-installed the 1.7.6.1. This time, we used both 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 free migrator module and hoped that we can do the data migrate again. However we failed.

we set up all the parameters of our server as following,

max_execution_time: 30000

max_input_time: 3000

max_input_vars: 30000

memory_limit: 2G

we tried many times, by direct migrate (always stops at 94%) or download source web and then upload to target web (always stuck at 1%, ridiculous). I am quite sure that our server provider is fine because we were successful in the first time. And the server provider recommended us to get help from you. 

Can you help us to solve this problem?  If this time we can make it, we are going to buy the premium migrator because we need a complete data transfer from old web.

I attached the pic for two ways of migrating we used. one is direct and another one is download source web and upload to target one 

I think I did what I can do, please advise.

Thank you very much

Michael

suggestion.jpg

migrater.jpg

I have the same problem as you. Even the new store is on the same server I can't connect to the old store. And the hosting company told me there is no configuration problem, they gave the firewall down.

What can be the issue?

3 hours ago, dualsimcect said:

I have the same problem as you. Even the new store is on the same server I can't connect to the old store. And the hosting company told me there is no configuration problem, they gave the firewall down.

What can be the issue?

I felt 1.1.7 is more stable. You may try to rename img/p into img/old-p in the source system as see if the migration can finish... if so, you can copy the img/old-p into the target system later.

Hi,

I´ve used your free module to migrate my web from 1.5 to 1.7, and it has imported everything well, but when i go to my web there is something wrong, the products are imported in their categories but they don´t appear in them. I don´t know if there is any table which is not imported or what can be the problem. I whish you could help me.

thank you.

Captura1.PNG

Captura.PNG

36 minutes ago, javi15478 said:

Hi,

I´ve used your free module to migrate my web from 1.5 to 1.7, and it has imported everything well, but when i go to my web there is something wrong, the products are imported in their categories but they don´t appear in them. I don´t know if there is any table which is not imported or what can be the problem. I whish you could help me.

thank you.

Captura1.PNG

Captura.PNG

Can you see them in BO ? Are they Active at all?

31 minutes ago, dtwfung said:

Can you see them in BO ? Are they Active at all?

yes, i see all of them and they are active, but they are only in home category, and before the migration they were well assigned.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, javi15478 said:

yes, i see all of them and they are active, but they are only in home category, and before the migration they were well assigned.

I don't have this issue...2xxx products from 20 categories/subcategories are migrated successfully. Only images not fully imported, but good enough for me....

the download for version 1.1.8 appears unavailable for me, where I can get the latest version? on GitHub is 1.0.9

when I'm importing customers and addresses I get the error recursively.

:: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Address->dni is empty.'

and no images are imported for products, I hope this is resolved on 1.1.8 but I can't have it.

thanks.

Hello

Just tried the Free module (2.0.8) and expect to buy the Premium later for the remaining stuff.

However have this feedback and issues so far:

1. I downloaded the Connector and PW Keeper from the link in your PDF manual. However these links are for older versions (Connector 1.0.1) compared to the versions downloaded within the module. So you should update the links in your manual!

2. Customer Groups got messed up, as for some reason my Reseller and Distributor group was ID 2 and 3 in source, which is reserved for Guest and Customer in Target PS11.7.
So on target I manually created new Resellers and Distributor with ID 4 and 5. However doing migration these 2 were deleted and all Customers on the Reseller/Distributor groups were just merged into ID 2 and 3. So this basically also means all the prices in products for the source Reseller and Distributor groups, suddenly becomes Guest and Customer prices.
I can create new Reseller / Distributor groups in target, which will then be ID 7 and 8 (4 and 5 just gone), and then manually have to move relevant customers and modify all prices for each product. Quite a work... So if doing another migrating later, to update with changes from live Source shop, how to avoid it will mess it up again and sort correctly?

3. Categories do not work in Target shop. Tried to migrate them several times. Sometimes they are visible and sometimes not.
But even when they are there, they do not show inside products / frontend (so cannot save products as they are not connected to any category). Only the Home category is visible.
See file for ps_ets_pres2pres_category_import table.  Most match, but seem so issue with ID 1. (Source shop do not even have any visible 1).
I remember that Categories got similar messed up one time doing a PS1.6 version update, but was fixed with some script. Not sure if this is now affecting the migration?
Seems to be related to how the home/root category works.

categories.thumb.jpg.ad6cf92c62938ae7c010be69e9caaa8e.jpg

Edited by ChillMan (see edit history)

15 hours ago, ChillMan said:

Hello

Just tried the Free module (2.0.8) and expect to buy the Premium later for the remaining stuff.

However have this feedback and issues so far:

1. I downloaded the Connector and PW Keeper from the link in your PDF manual. However these links are for older versions (Connector 1.0.1) compared to the versions downloaded within the module. So you should update the links in your manual!

2. Customer Groups got messed up, as for some reason my Reseller and Distributor group was ID 2 and 3 in source, which is reserved for Guest and Customer in Target PS11.7.
So on target I manually created new Resellers and Distributor with ID 4 and 5. However doing migration these 2 were deleted and all Customers on the Reseller/Distributor groups were just merged into ID 2 and 3. So this basically also means all the prices in products for the source Reseller and Distributor groups, suddenly becomes Guest and Customer prices.
I can create new Reseller / Distributor groups in target, which will then be ID 7 and 8 (4 and 5 just gone), and then manually have to move relevant customers and modify all prices for each product. Quite a work... So if doing another migrating later, to update with changes from live Source shop, how to avoid it will mess it up again and sort correctly?

3. Categories do not work in Target shop. Tried to migrate them several times. Sometimes they are visible and sometimes not.
But even when they are there, they do not show inside products / frontend (so cannot save products as they are not connected to any category). Only the Home category is visible.
See file for ps_ets_pres2pres_category_import table.  Most match, but seem so issue with ID 1. (Source shop do not even have any visible 1).
I remember that Categories got similar messed up one time doing a PS1.6 version update, but was fixed with some script. Not sure if this is now affecting the migration?
Seems to be related to how the home/root category works.

categories.thumb.jpg.ad6cf92c62938ae7c010be69e9caaa8e.jpg

Hello,

Thank you so much for downloading and using our Prestashop Migrator free module. We're sorry about the problems you encountered while using this module.

1. We've updated the document for Prestashop Migrator free module. Thank you for reminding us.

2. Please don't manually create new customer groups on target site before migration. This module will automatically create and import data records into new customer groups for you.

On step 3 "Migration options", please turn off "Delete data before migration" and "Force all ID" option: http://prntscr.com/prd5so

3. Please open your ps_category_product table and check if the categories have corresponding data.

If you need further assist, please contact us again. We're ready to support you.

My best regard.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:23 AM, ets-soft said:

Hello,

Thank you so much for downloading and using our Prestashop Migrator free module. We're sorry about the problems you encountered while using this module.

1. We've updated the document for Prestashop Migrator free module. Thank you for reminding us.

2. Please don't manually create new customer groups on target site before migration. This module will automatically create and import data records into new customer groups for you.

On step 3 "Migration options", please turn off "Delete data before migration" and "Force all ID" option: http://prntscr.com/prd5so

3. Please open your ps_category_product table and check if the categories have corresponding data.

If you need further assist, please contact us again. We're ready to support you.

My best regard.

Thank you for your answer!

2. The module merged the Reseller / Distributor customer groups from source into Guest / Visitor and then deleted the 2 groups on target. 
If trying again to do a migration with the 2 fields disabled, then how would this generally affect previously migrated data? 
If doing a new migration later when ready to go live, to get all the meantime changes from source updated - would this also update changes to already migrated data (ex stock, text etc), or just add new data/tables?

3. ps_category_product tables are identical, however ps_category is not. So seem something related to the root tables is being screwed up.  Notice the ID  14 were migrated/merged to ID 1 (I have no visible ID 14 on source though). Pretty difficult to just edit in this table I guess, due to the nleft/nright algoritm.

SOURCE:

1601639273_SOURCE-ps_category.thumb.jpg.b59a497d3c54ac6da87b6b3540b931d3.jpg

TARGET:

1238014244_TARGET-ps_category.thumb.jpg.3571d15b6c08e079439d11cab7e468d2.jpg

Hi,

I'm running into problems migrating from PS 1.5.4.1 to PS 1.6.1.24.
I downloaded the latest version of the migration module (1.1.8).

First I tried the migration option with the direct URL connector method.
That process run fine up to 27.64% of the products import and then stalled.
The `ps_product` table is complete BTW (11586 products) but the other products related tables are empty or incomplete.
After waiting for almost 2 hours, it was still at 27.64% so I aborted the import.
I the restarted and chose to resume the import which started at 27.64% as it should, but nothing happened after that.

Then I tried to use the file download/upload option.
That started properly, but it's now at 26.14% for over an hour, so I am pretty sure the process is stalled.

Any suggestions what I could do to get this working?

Edited by Toeareg (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Toeareg said:

Hi,

I'm running into problems migrating from PS 1.5.4.1 to PS 1.6.1.24.
I downloaded the latest version of the migration module (1.1.8).

First I tried the migration option with the direct URL connector method.
That process run fine up to 27.64% of the products import and then stalled.
The `ps_product` table is complete BTW (11586 products) but the other products related tables are empty or incomplete.
After waiting for almost 2 hours, it was still at 27.64% so I aborted the import.
I the restarted and chose to resume the import which started at 27.64% as it should, but nothing happened after that.

Then I tried to use the file download/upload option.
That started properly, but it's now at 26.14% for over an hour, so I am pretty sure the process is stalled.

Any suggestions what I could do to get this working?

Hello,

Thank you for downloading and using our Prestashop Migrator free module. We're really sorry about the problems you encountered while using this module.

To help us understand what exactly the bug is, please follow this instruction:

1. Open the ajax.php file > find this line @ini_set('display_errors', 'off'); > change 'off' into 'on' > save the file.

2. Run the migration again

3. If there is any error notification appears, please capture it and send to us for further support.

We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.

My best regard.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid it isn't of any help so far.

I have set the variable as you requsted:
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

I started the migration run again.
Like yesterday, everything works just fine up to step 5 (see the attached screenshot).

migrate.png

It is at 27.56% and seems to have frozen there with no change for almost 2 hours now.
And sadly no error messages either. Or do I need to check a log file somewhere?

Cheers,
Matt

Edited by Toeareg
attachment failed (see edit history)

I left it running overnight but now, after more than 15 hours of running, there is no change in the progress, nor any error message.

Any ideas?

Hi @Toeareg

for finding error you could try in admin to inspect page using browser dev tools, for example in Chrome https://nimb.ws/yv70Tk

Open that before starting migration and follow if there is some error (line in red) will appear in Console or Network (All or most likely XHR)

Had similar issue but it turned out some product translation were missing.

And error should display as soon as it get stuck.

Thanks Razaro, but the ETS guys are already working on the problem, so I will just wait for their answer/solution.

I was able to upgrade from version 1.4 with free version

With paid premium version It gets stuck on Minor Data  1 item per second  

2 hours ago, tank said:

I was able to upgrade from version 1.4 with free version

With paid premium version It gets stuck on Minor Data  1 item per second  

Hello,

Thank you for using our Prestashop Migration module. We're sorry to hear about the problem you encountered. 

Our support staff has received your contact message. We're preparing to check on your sites. Please be patient.

My best regard.