[SOLVED] How to changes the process checkout Summary after Login

I'm using V1.3.2. Currently the process is like that : Summary > Login > Address > Shipping > Payment .
The problem is when a customer press checkout button, it will bring customer to "Address" page, if they want to view an item or product summary they need to manually press a "Cart" or click the "Summary" then will show a detail item they purchase. But this is not convenience for some customer because the page didn't show the summary after they had checkout and some of them also don't know where can they apply for their voucher because redeem voucher is only at summary section. How we change the process to Login > Summary > Address > Shipping > Payment. That's mean once customer checkout a cart, it will bring customer to summary page > confirm address > confirm shipping and payment.

Thanks.

I suggest that you edit modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl and copy the link on the "Cart" button to the "Checkout" button so that it links to the cart summary instead of the address page. You can then remove the "Cart" button, since it is unnecessary.

• 1 month later...

hey phuah...i also want to move the summary page after the login...i noticed that you figured out how to do it, did you use rocky method or did you find a different way to do it?? if so can you tell me how you did it..thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't understand what part of the code below is the "link". As rocky suggested, I want to change the link of the checkout botton to show the summary page (cart link).
Am I looking at the right code?

moudles>blockcart>blockcart.tpl

{if $order_process == 'order'}getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}" class="button_small" title="{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}{/if}

I take it you aren't using one-page checkout, otherwise there would only be one checkout button. You could override modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl and change the code on lines 141-144 in PrestaShop v1.4 from:

{if $order_process == 'order'}<a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}" class="button_small" title="{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}{/if}
   <a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}{if $order_process == 'order'}?step=1{/if}" id="button_order_cart" class="exclusive{if $order_process == 'order-opc'}_large{/if}" title="{l s='Check out' mod='blockcart'}">{l s='Check out' mod='blockcart'}

to:

{*    {if $order_process == 'order'}<a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}" class="button_small" title="{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}{/if}*}
   <a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}{*{if $order_process == 'order'}?step=1{/if}*}" id="button_order_cart" class="exclusive{*{if $order_process == 'order-opc'}*}_large{*{/if}*}" title="{l s='Check out' mod='blockcart'}">{l s='Check out' mod='blockcart'}

This will make a single large check out button that links to the cart summary.

I would actually love to use One Page Checkout but it gets stuck between step 2 and 3. It lets you select the shipping method but then the button "Continue" doesn't do anything.
I tried enabling Terms of service but it still won't go to step 3.

Do you have any suggestion before I try your code change?

Thank you btw, I've been looking for that fix for a long time!!

Your theme must have old code. I can see that the one-page checkout is using an accordion in that screenshot, so only one section can be changed at a time. In PrestaShop v1.4 final, this was changed to remove the accordion so that all sections can be changed at the same time, so the "Back" and "Continue" buttons were removed. Try switching to the default PrestaShop v1.4.0.17 theme to see what I mean.

You're right. I changed it to the presta theme and the buttons are gone plus the checkout works.

I was surprised to find out (since I'm a newbie) that when you do an update your own themes don't get that update. My web guy said he needs to redesign the page with the new update and then publish it.
I guess I won't update to a new verision any time soon :)

No easier way uh?

Thanks.

Of course your own themes aren't automatically upgraded. PrestaShop would need to know what was changed and have some kind of voodoo to know how to merge it with the new default theme without conflicts! I can't see that happening any time soon.

Change line 102 of themes/prestashop/css/modules/blockcart/blockcart.css (or global.css or the equivalent for your theme and version):

#cart_block p#cart-buttons a#button_order_cart { float: right }

to:

#cart_block p#cart-buttons a#button_order_cart { float: right; margin-right: 10px }

Change 10px until the button is centred.