Manual activation for new user registration.

How does one configure PrestaShop so that any new user that creates a new account (registers) in Front Office cannot login until administrator manually activates the account (that is new user accounts are created disabled and require manual administrator action to enable and allow front office login access)?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Try changing line 101 of authentication.php (in PrestaShop v1.3.2) from:

$customer->active = 1;

to:

$customer->active = 0;

rocky is there any way that we can change the error message that the user see when tries to logged in when the account is deactivated? For example if the account doesn't yet activated to show an error message like: Your account hasn't been activated by the administrator.

And to have another one if the user tries to add a wrong password. Now you have one error message for both situations 

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Im having 1.6.0.8 version of prestashop i want my admin to accept the user registration then only the user will be able to login to the shop

Please Help me out with the Same.

Same help us without a module.. Files is not same with old versions..

In PrestaShop v1.6.1.0, it is on lines 433 and 549 of controllers/front/AuthController.php.

I got this message when i made that => 0 to   433 and 549 of controllers/front/AuthController.php.   Its working well on panel but when we make registration and press submit button page is lock on loading then after much minutes we got this message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And El Patron thanks for it really but it not working on us. I set up module and change mail in module setting. But it doesnt send any mail to me. Is there any other option needed?

I got this message when i made that => 0 to   433 and 549 of controllers/front/AuthController.php.   Its working well on panel but when we make registration and press submit button page is lock on loading then after much minutes we got this message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And El Patron thanks for it really but it not working on us. I set up module and change mail in module setting. But it doesnt send any mail to me. Is there any other option needed?

well if you are getting internal server error (resolve first) then I do not think the module hook for email would be executed.  Best to get your 'hack' working first...

Hack?  If you know another way for make registrations with admin approval activation just tell me the way. And i'll change back that .php settings ..

OK now i fixed it and dont get that page error but still no mail.. I think its about e-mail configraton.. when i write there my mail and test mail it errors me;

Hata: Lütfen yapılandırmanızı kontrol edin
Sending failed using mail() as PHP's default mail() function returned boolean FALSE.

Edited by mormorymor (see edit history)

Hack?  If you know another way for make registrations with admin approval activation just tell me the way. And i'll change back that .php settings ..

OK now i fixed it and dont get that page error but still no mail.. I think its about e-mail configraton.. when i write there my mail and test mail it errors me;

Hata: Lütfen yapılandırmanızı kontrol edin

Sending failed using mail() as PHP's default mail() function returned boolean FALSE.

do you get this error when send test email back office-->advanced parms-->email  (send a test email)?

do you get this error when send test email back office-->advanced parms-->email  (send a test email)?

back office-->advanced parms-->email  ? I'dont know here but there's one option menu called E-Mail in admin panel where you change phpmail function or smtp Types. and test mail.. when i chose php mail function it gives that error.

back office-->advanced parms-->email  ? I'dont know here but there's one option menu called E-Mail in admin panel where you change phpmail function or smtp Types. and test mail.. when i chose php mail function it gives that error.

Hi, contact your hosting and explain the issue, as it does not seem that php's mail function is enabled on your server.

for more info see this post

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/246494-solvedemail-problems/

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

1.7.x has new method to do it:

INSIDE:
classes/Customer.php

there is entry (close to line 112-113):

/** @var bool Status */
    public $active = true;

There is required only to replace "true" with statement "false" and by default all users are inactive.

Greetings,
Artur.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...