Error when saving new products

As far as I know I am entering everything correctly. Upon trying to save a new product, I get the message:

“1 error an error occurred while creating object product”

I am not told why I am getting this error. I searched through these forums and found one other people who received this message. They had a problem when updating their prestashop, but I believe I have the latest version. I prepared for an update following the steps in the wiki for updating, but then I realized I had 1.0.0 and there was nothing to update to.

I need to have this store up and running asap, but without being able to save products I'm stuck here. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Found the problem!

my customer has been trying for a week to insert a product called "Cacsade Bonsai Pot" and it has been throwing this cryptic error message:
" an error occurred while creating object product "
I upgraded his version of prestashop, and it was still causing issues.
Finally tracked the problem down

It's in prestashops query blacklist checker:

private static $_blacklist = 'UNION|LOAD_FILE|OUTFILE|DUMPFILE|ESCAPED|TERMINATED|CASCADE|INFILE|X509|TRIGGER|REVOKE';
 public static function blacklist(&$query)
 {
    return eregi(self::$_blacklist, $query) ? true : false;
 }

It thinks the "Cascade" in the product name & description is a harmful SQL query!

The solution is:

* SHRUG *

I've just removed "CASCADE" from the blacklist checker so my customer can create this product, hopefully newer versions of prestashop will have a nicer sql parser, possibly something that strips out all user values between

"[^"]*" or '[^']*'

before checking the query. ?

Dave

• 2 years later...