2 orders for the same product with a 2-min difference

El zorro

Has anyone any solution for my problem ?

Same problem twice in 1 week. 2 Customers place the same product in the shopping cart, however there is only 1 in stock.
With a 2-minute difference, they order the same product. My settings are 'No products can be ordered if stock = 0'.
I made a test product and could create the same problem. Behavior when out of stock is not visible.
Do anyone have any advice how to avoid this problem? Maybe any advice for any existing modules, to avoid this issue?

Thanks in advanced
Stas

As soon as the product has been added to the cart prestashop does not verify that the item is still available at checkout. The item does not get reserved or is deducted from your stock until its actually been purchased. The only way to solve this is to add a block to the product the customer added to the cart, so lets say if someone adds a t-shirt, that t-shirt is reserved for a certain amount of time and is deducted from your stock. After 10 mins it gets released again if not purchased. Prestashop core does not offer that ability. To be honest, this is a basic and i don't understand why its not in core code.

If you want something like that you have to do it on your own or install an addon that does it for you. There is actually a few out there. I know its absolutely a bug, I've ran into the same situation as you. This is why i have an automated process to clear all carts left behind.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)