Google Merchant Center DataFeed

Hello,

I am in the process of working out which feed I need to add to my Google Merchant Account to get my stores products listed in google shopping.

I am probably doing this entirely the wrong way but should I be using the

RSS products feed v0.2 module ?

This seems like it might be the right thing but I can't see the URL this creates.

The other thing I found was a 3rd Party module GoogleBase Module I found here

www.ecartservice.net/03082008/exporting-products-to-googlebase/

Thank you for reading

Cheers

Dave

I have tried to use that module but there is a problem with it. If you enable friendly url writing and set a 301 redirect from the old urls to the new ones, Google rejects the data feed. The problem is that the module finds the old urls. And when you submit the old urls to Google and the old urls have a 301 redirect to the new ones Google invalidates your product data feed.

I have mentioned this to the module maker and they have not responded on numerous occasions. Try to find a module which uses the new urls. If you do let me know because i am also searching for it

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried to use that module but there is a problem with it. If you enable friendly url writing and set a 301 redirect from the old urls to the new ones, Google rejects the data feed. The problem is that the module finds the old urls. And when you submit the old urls to Google and the old urls have a 301 redirect to the new ones Google invalidates your product data feed.

I have mentioned this to the module maker and they have not responded on numerous occasions. Try to find a module which uses the new urls. If you do let me know because i am also searching for it

I am currently working on some major improvements to this module, including fixing the URL problem.
See: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/37819/P15/#312895

Also, see: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/704/P135/#260443

We use that separate from the module. I put the link to my script in the Googlebase feed link on the Googlebase site.
Then it is generated automatically when the feed schedule dictates.

I don’t have to manually create the feed and Googlebase doesn’t read the feed file from my site, it reads the CSV output from the script I posted.