[SOLVED] Customer address in wrong format for USA - Need help, please

dixie

The address on customers invoices is hard to understand for the US. It is as follows:

Mary Doe
895 Smith Road
15870 Smithville
USA - Pennsylvania

How do I get the invoice to print in the following format? (both invoice & shipping address)

Mary Doe
895 Smith Road
Smithville, Pennsylvania 15870
USA

I made the changes to my order-address.tpl and to order-address.js, as stated on the post. My invoice is still reading as follows:

Delivery address
Armstrong Brenda
630B S. Jefferson St.
35611 Athens
USA (Alabama)

Invoice address
Armstrong Brenda
630B S. Jefferson St.
35611 Athens
USA (Alabama)

This should read:
Armstrong Brenda
630B S. Jefferson St.
Athens, AL 35611

I need help on this, please. Thank you!
http://www.patterns4quilters.com

I am talking about the invoice that I print out in the BO for the customers order. And, also, the PDF invoice. It seems there would be an option for the formatting of the address for different countries using PrestaShop. I don't know coding, so I am having a hard time getting everything set up correctly. Being a small quilt shop, I don't have the resources to hire help -- have to do it all myself. Any help would be much appreciated. I would like to setup another website --- if I can get through this one!

I uploaded the files you attached. I hope I did it correctly. I replaced each file with the files that you sent. Following is how my invoice now reads:

BrendaArmstrong
630B S. Jefferson St., ,
Athens , undefined, 35611
USA.

Did I do something wrong? I hate to be "picky", but there should be a space between the first and last name. I'm not sure about the "undefined" part.

I was checking though the tabs in the BO and don't understand what one is. Under the PDF tab, there is a encoding list. What should the US code be? Is this code part of my problem with the address format? My code is set at cp1250. I have no idea what this code is for, or what code to select. Thank you for not giving up on me!

I just placed a test order to see how the address format worked. My PDF is perfect!

Delivery Invoicing
Brenda Armstrong Brenda Armstrong
630B S. Jefferson St. 630B S. Jefferson St.
Athens, Alabama, 35611 Athens, Alabama, 35611
USA

The problem is with the ordering process. The first page address is correct, but when you go to the next page, I get the following:
Choose a delivery address:

Use the same address for billing.

Your delivery address
BrendaArmstrong
630B S. Jefferson St.,,
USA.

Your billing address

BrendaArmstrong
630B S. Jefferson St., ,
USA.

I most likely messed some code up when I previously tried to add the code from the first posting - changes to order-address.js and order-address.tpl Looks like I need more help. Thank you.

http://www.patterns4quilters.com

Ok open the order-address.js

at line 47 you will see this

$('ul#address_' + addressType + ' li.address_name').html(addresses[idAddress][1] + '' + addresses[idAddress][2]);

you need to add a space between the 2 inverted commas inbetween the + signs, that will add the space between the names.

I looked at your order-address.tpl file (yes you can if you know how), can you copy across the same file from the prestashop theme into your theme, or download the prestashoppackage and use that. Looks like you fiddled with some stuff in that file which is why the state is being undefined.

I corrected the files. I went back to make sure the PDF was correct, but now the shipping fee is not included in the PDF invoice - the shipping of $2.95 is being added, but not show on invoice. Not sure what to do now. Thank you, again!!

Total products : $7.99
Total products (tax incl.) : $8.63
Shipping : $0.00
Order Total (tax incl.) : $11.58
Order Total (tax excl.) : $7.99

If possible, I would like the above to read as follows:

Subtotal:
Tax:
Shipping Cost:
Grand Total:

I know how to change the wording under Languages in the BO, but I don't know anything about coding, other than copy & paste.

• 2 weeks later...