1-Click Upgrade gives me Error: "Service Unavailable " jqXHR: ""

Hello,

I tried to update prestashopp from version 1.7.2.4 to 1.7.2.5 by using 1-Click Upgrade module v3.0.3. It gave me the following error. Please help me out of the situation.

Analyzing the situation...Shop deactivated. Now downloading... (this can take a while)

Download complete. Now extracting...

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Service Unavailable " jqXHR: " 

Same here - tried from fresh install of 1.7.2.5 to 1.7.3 -

[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

It might be because there are no upgrades to the Db (waiting on confirmation).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 2:28 AM, rbuelund said:

I get the exact same error when trying to 1-click update from 1.6.1.17 to 1.6.1.18 ?? Had to fallback to a manual back as the rollback function does not work either - this is pretty bad !

and did you open your servers error log at the time of the crash to see what the underlying error is?  The error reported above a vague general error from the module, but your servers error log will have captured the actual error

Which in many cases is a timeout error, as your hosting server is likely not configured properly to allow the upgrade to proceed.

• 6 months later...

I am also getting the same error when trying to 1-click update from 1.7.4.2 to 1.7.4.3 .  

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Service Unavailable " jqXHR: "

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. "

I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED ERROR FILE PLEASE GUIDE ME TO FIX THIS ERROR. THANKS

error_service.PNG

• 4 months later...

It looks like it's a permisssion error. Checking my error log, I've found the following one:

SoftException in Application.cpp:261: File "/xxx/adminT0H/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://xxxx/adminT0H/index.php?controller=adminselfupgrade&conf=5&token=8b06c21e086f4e5458fb164506b0fd90

It looks like it's a permisssion error. Checking my error log, I've found the following one:

SoftException in Application.cpp:261: File "/xxx/adminT0H/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://xxxx/adminT0H/index.php?controller=adminselfupgrade&conf=5&token=8b06c21e086f4e5458fb164506b0fd90

that's it. Permissions need to be 755 (executable, readable but now writtable) for user, group and others.

I hope that it can help you guys! 😉

Hello,

First what you need use latest version module 1-Click Upgrade modules from PrestaShop.

Second check server settings/limits and permission.

If nothing helps, the forum does not have the necessary answer, you can use the services of the agency or developers.
As a rule, it is not expensive and rather fast.

• 2 months later...

The Modsec problem

Disable Modsec during the one click update. 

I tried everything posted on the forums but still kept getting the error. Once that was turned off, my 1.7.3 -> 1.7.5 One Click Upgrade worked flawlessly.

This should be considered as a requirement in the preflight check to save a lot of headache.

The caching problem

I was also having trouble disabling caching. I would disable caching, reload and it would be enabled again. I thought I had memcached installed because the radio button in performance, although greyed out, was checked. Turns out, I had memcached installed a service and not as a pecl extension. When running phpinfo(); memcached did not appear (meaning it wasn't hooked up as a module)

If you're having trouble with caching, make sure to install pecl. Install libmemcached first, then memcached. If you're running different versions of PHP, you have to install it with the pecl binary linked to that version.

IE
/usr/bin/ea-php72-pecl install memcached
/usr/bin/ea-php73-pecl install memcached

After going through a number of tutorials, this one finally helped me get memchached installed as a PHP module.

Hope this helps someone!

• 11 months later...
Le 06/10/2018 à 11:18 PM, Alvi a dit :

I am also getting the same error when trying to 1-click update from 1.7.4.2 to 1.7.4.3 .  

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. "

I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED ERROR FILE PLEASE GUIDE ME TO FIX THIS ERROR. THANKS

error_service.PNG

Hello, 

I have errorThrown:"Service Unavailable " jqXHR: " like you when I install the new version. Do you have find this problem ? can you help me ?

have good day

Just now, yohan34500 said:

Who has find and resolve it ?

I have this when I update !

Please help me :(

Hello,
You can enable debug mod and chrome console, then copy the error code.
But I think you need a programmer and this will not work out in the framework of the forum.

• Thanks 1

il y a 16 minutes, Prestapro LTD a dit :

Hello,
You can enable debug mod and chrome console, then copy the error code.
But I think you need a programmer and this will not work out in the framework of the forum.

/admin123/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)

I found this

3 minutes ago, yohan34500 said:

/admin123/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)

I found this

Not enough information. Such a debug is generally not possible without access to the server / site. In most cases, for example in yours.
As I said, you need a programmer to check everything.
Starting from the server settings, ending with PrestaShop itself, the database and modules.

Hi,

If an update fails at this early stage try:

download the new version and copy to upgrade directory (.../admin/autoupgrade)  - then try the upgrade from

Local archieve

or

Local directory

The 1-click update page has instructions on what to do. - There are 2 options - you can try to install from the zip file or you can try with unzipped files.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I found the problem on the BDD and in folder auto-upgrade. Thank you a lot for your time with me.

all it's ok

have good day 

Il y a 9 heures, NPO a dit :

Hi,

download the new version and copy to upgrade directory (.../admin/autoupgrade)  - then try the upgrade from

Local archieve

or

Local directory

The 1-click update page has instructions on what to do. - There are 2 options - you can try to install from the zip file or you can try with unzipped files.

Il y a 16 heures, Prestapro LTD a dit :

Not enough information. Such a debug is generally not possible without access to the server / site. In most cases, for example in yours.
As I said, you need a programmer to check everything.
Starting from the server settings, ending with PrestaShop itself, the database and modules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, NPO said:

Hi,

Local archieve

or

Local directory

hi

Thank you a lot