Website allowing sale of out of stock products

sewingau

My website is allowing people to checkout with products which are out of stock. I have it set to (default) deny orders... how is this happening? Its not good for business! at the front office its showing 'available with some combinations' although there are no other combinations.

• 1 month later...

Hi Thanks for replying///

I have 1.7.2.4. I have definitely set it to deny orders when out of stock. ( I posted pictures last time I was trying to find a solution).

I'm also using default theme and only prestashop modules (labels, save for later, but ive had this issue before using these modules)

I am also having trouble with discounts..... I have discounts set for specific items. after learning through, I now have it configured correctly HOWEVER, I have no control over it... Sometimes Prestashop decides someone can have discounts on other items.... ( I have a cart rule set, not to take money off discounted items... Sometimes it works on discounted items.. sometimes it does not....)

I'm finding this Website extremely inferior and its costing me lots of money from things which I have no control. Its also BS how we can only post to a forum and not have any help or explanation about all these glitches. 

On 3/20/2018 at 12:40 PM, sewingau said:

This is still happening. I was informed that maybe it was because esome people already had goods in their cart when someone else buys it.... I have checked with my customers and they had did not..

Are you just relying on word of mouth, or did you actually test it?  Locate a product without stock, and confirm if you can place an order...

I have tested it. Even if it is in someone’s cart so what?

i have a save for later module developed by prestashop which enables people to move things in and out of cart. Why does it allow the sale? I’ve defined the options to ‘default’ deny orders of out of stock products. The quantity is referred to as minus (eg. -2 or -4 ). The computer is acknowledging it’s less than zero stock. How am I supposed to control this any other way? 

6 hours ago, sewingau said:

I’ve defined the options to ‘default’ deny orders of out of stock products

But have you checked the seny order status is on the actual products? Each product can override the site wide default

On 26/03/2018 at 1:23 PM, sewingau said:

( I posted pictures last time I was trying to find a solution

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly won;t trawl the board to look for previous posts you may have made. Post the images here if you want help!

6 hours ago, sewingau said:

i have a save for later module developed by prestashop which enables people to move things in and out of cart.

Every bit of info helps, and this info could be the game changer! Try disabling and see if the issues persists. If it does then the module is at fault and you should contact the developer directly

3 hours ago, haylau said:

But have you checked the seny order status is on the actual products? Each product can override the site wide default

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly won;t trawl the board to look for previous posts you may have made. Post the images here if you want help!

Every bit of info helps, and this info could be the game changer! Try disabling and see if the issues persists. If it does then the module is at fault and you should contact the developer directly

Thanks for responding. The pictures of my settings and back office, order form and negative stock value are on THIS post attached to my initial question.... The said module is developed by prestashop... my comment regarding this was to accentuate the ludicrousness that stock should oversell  just because its already in someones cart.... other websites I buy from does not allow this to happen.  I have had this issue before and after installing the 'save for later' module...

I have just checked my most recent oversold product with a quantity of minus one... The default behaviour on that specific product page is also to 'deny orders on out of stock products'.....

How can I report glitches like this with the whole prestashop team? Surely its in their best interest to have their websites working consistently.

I appreciate the help but I'm extremely frustrated.

4 minutes ago, sewingau said:

THIS post attached to my initial question

Are you sure?  I cannot see any screen prints on this thread

6 minutes ago, sewingau said:

The said module is developed by prestashop

Perhaps it is - but is it a DEFAULT standard module, or one you have installed?  If it is not default then you need to talk to the developer. use the contact form on the modules website to contact the developers of the actual module. Don't confuse developed by Prestashop with the default modules that come pre-installed. 

As I said, good technical advise is to switch off the module and see if the problem still exists. If it does we look at one route, of it does not then you need to contact the developers directly

This forum is very largely shop owners like yourself just trying to help each other. BS it may well be that prestashop staff to not inbait these forums, but that is the reality. If you want their support you have to pay for it.

• razaro changed the title to Website allowing sale of out of stock products