Customers suddenly can't login to frontend

Garden Light Shop

Hi,

For the last few hours nobody can create an account to purchase or log into the frontend?

Everything was fine until we added a customer to a new customer group this morning. He went on and purchased, but since, nobody has been able to purchase or login to their account. The login screen just loops back to itself.

We have removed him from the group (as it seemed such a coincidence) and cleared all the caches but still customers can't login?

We turned on debug. There are no errors.

The website is gardenlightshop.com

prestashop version 1.6.1.17

If anybody as any ideas, or a way to test what's going on, I would really appreciate it.

Hi Musicmaster,

Yes I cleared the cache.
It's weird, this site has been running perfectly for years (apart from a slight issue I had when I switched the whole site to https)

No code changes have happened for months.

We have a few admins and after speaking to them all, the only new thing to happen since our last order (at lunchtime) is that one of the admins deleted and recreated an account for someone.

I was wondering if that could of messed something in the database up?

We have tried everything we can think of, we have even upgraded to 1.6.1.18.

It certainly looks like this problem started yesterday when a customer account was created manually from the admin for a customer having difficulties.

Now customers can't login, register for a newsletter or anything? Authentication just isn't happening. The page just loops back to itself.

Logic dictates that it must be something wrong in the database as nothing else has changed. We have another store on the same server so it can't be hosting related and we haven't changed any code for months.

This is a successful store, we are happy to pay for help.

Hi, 

check your PHP logs or call for a prestashop expert if you are in real emergency.
Just google a prestashop expert and make that call!
Maybe you can restore a backup with your hosting providor, or revert a snapshot when you have a VPS.

Install a test prestashop and try to reproduce the issue, "add a customer to a new customer group"
is this the first time you did this?

My knowledge is limited in this issue, but just wanted to give you some advice.
I have tested creating an acount and experienced the same issue.
good luck! 

Edited by dtgmaze (see edit history)