Import failure

Mad Modeller

I'm trying to import products into Prestashop using .xls format, the file isn't that large, I get a file import complete message, but no products show in the product listing. I've also tried importing as a CSV, with no success at all.

I have over 2000 products to enter doing it all manually will be a pain

25 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

If you really want help you should provide details, error messages, results of experiments, screendumps of every step you took. 

1. Please read the post again..........................PROPERLY

2. I can't give error messages...........................BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY

3. Results of experiments ..................................READ #1

4 Whats the point of giving you screen dumps when  a). the system tells me the upload has been successful and b. REFER TO #2

You are giving me the impression you know as much about this software as I do !

Okay so  I used your csv product file as a template, after sorting out that the default separator is a semi-colon and not a comma ( the clue is in CSV as to which one should be default).

I finally got to upload some products.

However, I am now getting a technical error (server failure) at various points of the upload, anywhere between 12% and 47%, so I am still not able to import products from suppliers csv files.

Edited by Mad Modeller (see edit history)

I found the problem was with the hosting provided sql timeout setttings (that you cant change unless u own the server). The hack = dont touch ur site (mine is on ipage) for an hour then u can spilt ur csv file up into parts of about 100 id's - then upload 1 part of the csv at a time. Then wait an hour and do the next batch. A pain if you have 400 products with 3 combinations for each, like me . Also - i found that you must csv upload for categories first. Then ur products but with out image links. Then add all you image links to you combination csv file - otherwsie u get duplicate and missing images - then upload the combinations csv (1 part as a time). The price change with combinations csv import is also a problem as u can only do a impact on price change and not add a fixed set price.

I can upload my product list if that will help?

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)

I agree, importing big amount of data is real p. in the a. I had a catalog of 14000 products to import. Finally, I created a dev environment on an old PC on Ubuntu, removed all time-outs and imported my data (it took some time). Once done, I transferred a zipped database export to prod, using phpMyAdmin exp/imp.

I finalized the upload with direct SQL Insert/update into the database (backup before!)

:DB)

Edited by Pierre_d (see edit history)
  • Like 1