Customer Keeps Getting Payment Accepted Email

Gloria

Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with the automated email that is sent out after a customer pays. The customer has received 15 (so far) emails regarding payment being accepted. When I look in the back office I can see where the status of the order has 15 "accepted payment" lines (she was only charged once) I tried updating it to "Delivered" to see if that would help but she then received another "payment accepted" email. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm new to prestashop (less than a year) so I'm at a complete loss. When I look down by the messages I also see this line multiple times: "{\"external_order_identifier\":[\"order already exists with that identifier\"]}"

Any ideas or suggestions on where to look? I would be extremely grateful!

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 6.09.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 6.09.01 PM.png

I currently use version 1.6.1.17. I disabled the auto sender for the time being, I just don't know if it is an issue that will start up again when I turn it back on or if there is something else going on that has them stuck in some sort of loop.

My guess would be that the problem is with the payment provider. When an order is paid you usually go to the website of the payment provider. When the payment is completed the payment provider makes a call back to your webshop.

I would expect that this would generate an error but I know too little about that process.

Two questions that might be of interest:

- does this happen only with one payment provider (and do you have other ones)?

- what is the interval between the mails? Are they sent regularly?

I currently use only one cc processor (PayPal),  but I do have a "pay at store" option. This happened with a cc payment and it has only happened to one customer so far. The emails sent out initially only a few minutes apart, like 1 minute then 2 minutes apart, followed roughly by 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 20, 40, etc roughly doubling time between the last time emails were sent.

Edited by Gloria (see edit history)

It automatically sends the email letting the customer know their payment was accepted when they make a purchase. It's not a different module, but a standard setting under "Orders"->"Statuses" you can select whether or not the customer receives an email or not with a status change. I call it an "auto sender" because I don't have to initiate the sending of the email, it is done automatically. And so far even after "disabling" it has sent 3 more emails.

Edited by Gloria (see edit history)

Hmm, I don't know which one it would be. The only modules I've added (that weren't pre-installed) other than PayPal have been a blog, pay at pickup (added after this issue started) and google analytics. I haven't had any other issues with any other order, and I have no clue how to stop it as it continues to switch the status of the order back to "payment accepted" even after I change it to "delivered" . I almost feel like this is some kind of glitch that happened, causing a loop in the system, but I'm not sure where or how to fix it.