[Solved] 1.6.1.4 or 1.6.1.7 Install

tdr170

So I needed to do some testing and was trying to do a fresh install of Prestashop 1.6.1.7 or 1.6.1.4 and it keeps hanging on step 3 compatibility with this error.

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.

• Files
  • Not all files were successfully uploaded on your server

I have checked and double checked all files have uploaded tried with 2 different FTP clients still the same.

I have checked file permissions they are correct 755 folders, 644 files.

Anyone else face this and if so what was the fix if there is one.

Have installed Prestashop so many times I have lost count and never faced this issue so a new one for me.

Have started a ticket with A2 Hosting to see if they have any ideas but thought I would ask here just the same.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

I have it now after testing install with Xamp I realized that there is something wrong with the files.

Even though I am sure I Re-downloaded the files I downloaded again unzipped loaded to Xamp and the install would go past this but on the database

info page, test your database button was inactive clicking next would just show a blank page.

Was using Xamp VC14 which had PHP 7, I reverted to Xamp VC9 which uses PHP 5 and install went through without errors.

So I uploaded the new unzipped files to host and tried install again and all is OK.

Just goes to show that even when your sure you can be wrong.