BUG Promo Code / Discount Voucher Error

Hey all,

We have been testing the voucher codes and they appear to work well except on one page.

When we try to apply a promo code on the page https://www.oursite.com/order we enter the code and click Add, then nothing happens. When we add the code on other pages and click Add, we immediately see that is has been applied perfectly, but on the /order page nothing happens and we have to reload the page to see that it has been applied.

Obviously we can't tell all customers to refresh the page so we need this to be fixed as we want to use promo codes for site launch to give people 20% off their first order.

More info:

• Tested with multiple types of codes.
  • Tested in Chrome (Win and Mac) and Safari (Mac)
  • Happens to all types of users.
  • We use the Jakiro purchased theme.

I have attached screenshots.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks all!

AFTERADD.png

BEFORE.png

Hi did you contact the theme developer about this issue?  

You  could make a working copy of this shop and there revert back to default theme and see if issue persists.

For debug one would need a lot more access (shop admin/ftp) to debug and provide solution.  You may want to consider also posting in job section as there are some 'young guns' that can probably fix this issue pretty quickly and affordably.  

Happy PrestaShopping, el

34 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Hi did you contact the theme developer about this issue?  

You  could make a working copy of this shop and there revert back to default theme and see if issue persists.

For debug one would need a lot more access (shop admin/ftp) to debug and provide solution.  You may want to consider also posting in job section as there are some 'young guns' that can probably fix this issue pretty quickly and affordably.  

Happy PrestaShopping, el

There are so many issues with 1.7 and.or the Jakiro theme that I decided to use 1.6 instead. Thanks anyway.

The Jakrio theme is essentially broken with PS 1.7x and support is slow and not great, The promo code bug did not exist when the default theme was used, but that was just one bug in an unacceptably long list.

This issue with the promo code simply should not exist with a paid theme. Trying to get support is bad enough but telling my client to pay to fix something this important and that should not be broken in the first place is rubbing salt into the wound.

I know from experience that we should avoid that rabbit hole or we'll regret it. I've worked for companies that have been suckered into paying literally millions to solve issues that should never have existed, when all that money could and should have been spent on keeping employee and customer personal data secure from hacking.

In this case the client for whom I am doing the project management of the website development and other stuff, is like family to me. I want this new business to be a great success and I will do everything in my power to ensure that the digital side of the business runs smoothly.

Thanks again. Have a good one.

15 hours ago, EverythingsOverpriced said:

There are so many issues with 1.7 and.or the Jakiro theme that I decided to use 1.6 instead. Thanks anyway.

The Jakrio theme is essentially broken with PS 1.7x and support is slow and not great, The promo code bug did not exist when the default theme was used, but that was just one bug in an unacceptably long list.

This issue with the promo code simply should not exist with a paid theme. Trying to get support is bad enough but telling my client to pay to fix something this important and that should not be broken in the first place is rubbing salt into the wound.

I know from experience that we should avoid that rabbit hole or we'll regret it. I've worked for companies that have been suckered into paying literally millions to solve issues that should never have existed, when all that money could and should have been spent on keeping employee and customer personal data secure from hacking.

In this case the client for whom I am doing the project management of the website development and other stuff, is like family to me. I want this new business to be a great success and I will do everything in my power to ensure that the digital side of the business runs smoothly.

Thanks again. Have a good one.

I figured it was 3rd party theme and sorry you had that issue.  Where did you purchase theme?.  Honestly we stick with one theme developer since 1.5 for a number of reasons.  Not all themes are created the same and I 'highly' recommend 'only' buying from PrestaShop addon's.  They have created a very efficient machine in validation of module/themes and developers are rated by many metrix for quality.  Again sorry you that you  went back to 'old' 1.6 as 1.7 has many more great features and supports a much better dev environment.  

I recommend Leo Themes via addon's.  We have been using them 99% of time for several years for client upgrade/builds.  

At the end of the day and I agree it is up to us to provide environment where client can manage their shop, we think 1.7 is much better than previous versions.

Best luck  moving too completion with your project.

On 30/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, El Patron said:

I figured it was 3rd party theme and sorry you had that issue.  Where did you purchase theme?.  Honestly we stick with one theme developer since 1.5 for a number of reasons.  Not all themes are created the same and I 'highly' recommend 'only' buying from PrestaShop addon's.  They have created a very efficient machine in validation of module/themes and developers are rated by many metrix for quality.  Again sorry you that you  went back to 'old' 1.6 as 1.7 has many more great features and supports a much better dev environment.  

I recommend Leo Themes via addon's.  We have been using them 99% of time for several years for client upgrade/builds.  

At the end of the day and I agree it is up to us to provide environment where client can manage their shop, we think 1.7 is much better than previous versions.

Best luck  moving too completion with your project.

We got the theme from themeforest.net.

Cheers :)

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

I recommend only buying from official PrestaShop addon's market place.  They have really worked hard to ensure best quality products/support.  

I appreciate you pushing their products, but I remain skeptical as always. Maybe I'll try it next time. But to be honest I think my standards and expectations are possibly just too high, unrealistically so. It's like we have entered an new age of crappy technical support.