PrestaShop 1.7 back-office settings for dynamic IP change for automatic logout issue.

Zohaib-fk

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm using PS 1.7.4.2, and I don't see that option under Advance Parameters=>Administration, I have the same problem of automatic logout when IP changes.

Is there a way to do it directly in database?

UPDATE

I was able to do it directly in database.

In the "configuration" table, there is a value "PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP" in "name" column, I changed the value from 1 to 0.

Hopes that works.

Edited by josh barak
Found solution (see edit history)

2 hours ago, josh barak said:

Hi,

I'm using PS 1.7.4.2, and I don't see that option under Advance Parameters=>Administration, I have the same problem of automatic logout when IP changes.

UPDATE

In the "configuration" table, there is a value "PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP" in "name" column, I changed the value from 1 to 0.

Hopes that works.

I hope you realize that you made it much easier for someone to steal your cookie session and access your back office.

Just because you can do something... doesn't mean that you should.  Does your IP address really change that frequently, and it is that much of an inconvenience to log back into the back office?

Hi bellini13

Thank you for making me aware to that.

1. I don't really understand, how can someone steal the cookie session?

2. I don't understand how this checkIP feature works. Does it mean I can't access the BO only from a certain IP? That's very strange, what if I want to work from home one day, is it not possible? Also what if my IP changes (Which it does once in a while), then I can't access the BO, not even to change my IP?

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, bellini13 said:

then perhaps you have a different issue.  Perhaps you have installed a custom module that is interfering, or maybe some misconfiguration on your webserver.

Hi bellini13,

I have the same issue, what kind of misconfiguration on the webserver can cause this?

I had to disable the cloudflare service to improve this issue, but it continues to happen, although less often.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, josh barak said:

Hi,

UPDATE

Hopes that works.

Working Fine For me....