What to do if I want to move my store from one domain to another?

Hello PS team and experts,
I am wondering this question because right now I am building and testing my store on a subdomain of my domain. When the store, and myself, will be ready I wish to copy\move the store to my main domain. I am aware that some of the core files of ps are related to the installation folder as well to the database.

I am afraid that when I will simply copy the files from the subdomain folder to the main domain folder, things will not work right. Could someone please enlighten me on how to work this issue out? I am wondering if there is a step-by-step tutorial on how to do so? I am preparing for the near future...
p.s. I am using v.1.3.1

Thanks

By subdomain, do you mean moving your site from test.domain.com to www.domain.com? Or do you mean from a subdirectory www.domain.com/test to www.domain.com? The former will require you to go to Tools > Subdomains and the latter will require you to go to the Preferences tab and change the "PS directory" from "/test/" to "/", then move the files, then regenerate your .htaccess file.

The first option is what I am looking for. I have a http://www.test.domain.com and I want to move it to http://www.domain.com . Do I simply copy all the files to the the new location of the http://www.domain.com? (I am using godaddy, every domain and subdomain has its own folder on the server in my hosting account.)

Also, are there any other procedures I have to do, PS wise? I am only assuming that coping the files will do the trick, but will the communications with the database will stay the same?

I'm not sure how subdomains work. If it uses the same database details and it is just like moving files from one folder to another, then it should simply work. The cookies might stop working though. On the Tools > Subdomains tab, do have both "www.test" and "www"? If not, you may need to clear your cache after the move so that cookies are regenerated with the new domain.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to move / copy my new prestashop from test.mydomain.de to live.mydomain.de (or similar) and everything runs all right. Now I found that the google sitemap XML still shows test.mydomain.de/...
Is there a trick?

Edit: ok, don't ask me what I did - but today the xml file is just fine. I deleted the old one, I uninstalled the module and installed, I regenerated - but when I looked at it - it was still the same. I will move again soon and try to find out what it was.

does it show on webmaster the wrong sitemap? or @ the store itself? as far as I know google webmaster, it takes them few days to generate and analyse new material. maybe waiting couple days will solve it?

please update me how and if the issue was solved (and how to, please)

Thanks