Table ps_guest full of empty records

Fadlan

Hello, I've got problem with Prestashop 1.5.6.2 that started acting weirdly.

I can't get the cart to work, wandering arround code for half a day I found out in CartController on line 241 it is need guest_id for cart creation and that table ps_guests is full of empty records that I don't know why are like that.

The only thing it saves from cookies is client loged in. Is it cookie generation and how to fix it?

rrtKGRS.png

This is the code from CartController, around line 241.  What line exactly are you referring to that requires id_guest?

Note: Line 241 is just an opening bracket, so I suspect you have made changes and line numbers no longer match the original

// Add cart if no cart found
            if (!$this->context->cart->id)
            {
                if (Context::getContext()->cookie->id_guest)
                {
                    $guest = new Guest(Context::getContext()->cookie->id_guest);
                    $this->context->cart->mobile_theme = $guest->mobile_theme;
                }
                $this->context->cart->add();
                if ($this->context->cart->id)
                    $this->context->cookie->id_cart = (int)$this->context->cart->id;
            }

Did you bother to try to empty the ps_guest table as I suggested?

Also, what did you change in the recent days that would cause this issue.  If it was working recently, and now it is no longer working, then that means something was changed...

{
                    $guest = new Guest(Context::getContext()->cookie->id_guest);
                    $this->context->cart->mobile_theme = $guest->mobile_theme;
                }

This is the lines that should create new guests that are later used in creating new cart.

For the changes, I didn't change any php files. I've just added some products and categories, then my server had an error becouse there was not enough memory for db so I removed some logs and the site was working but buying products not. I think I'll just reinstall prestashop.

This line of code is a conditional statement, a guest is only creating if the id_guest exists in the cookie.  So it is not required...

Perhaps re-installing Prestashop might be best, it's possible the store is in a corrupt state by running out of memory.

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, Maurice said:

I truncate Ps_Guest many times on different Shop and never got problems

But i read in some forum that truncate ps_guest is not safe , be honest i do not think so but if someone know the reason appreciate a comment

Regards

It is safe. Many people do it.

The only way it could bring problems is when someone built a module that relied in an irresponsible way on it. But I am not aware of such things.

• Thanks 1

1 ora fa, musicmaster dice:

It is safe. Many people do it.

The only way it could bring problems is when someone built a module that relied in an irresponsible way on it. But I am not aware of such things.

Hi Thanks for your response

Totally agree with you , maybe some module can create an issue with this mentioned table.