PS 1.6 Cant access Back Office - Delete Install Folder

pcwilkinson

Hi guys

I am trying to access my stores back office, but get this message

For security reasons, you cannot connect to the back office until you have

• deleted the /install folder

Please then access this page by the new URL (e.g. http://www.**********.co.uk/adminarea/)

I accessed the back office with no problem 2 days ago, and have not made any changes since. The online store has been running with no issues for over 4 years.

I can`t find any answers on a google search, I am hoping one of you knowledgeable guys can come to my rescue.

Thank you for you time.

Regards 

Phil

1) There are several topics with same problem in the forum. Try to delete your browser cache and browser cookie sessions.

2) Delete cache folder on FTP:

cache/smarty/compile

cache/smarty/cache

To clear PrestaShop's cached data manually, delete the content of these folders except the index.php and flushxxxx (if available)

3) Activate debug mode and read possible errors you are having.

4) AND at least make sure that /install folder is really deleted and not only renamed.

Hi 

Thank you for your reply.

I have emptied the cache and compile folder but still showing the original error message and not allowing me to log into the back office.

The site has been live for a few years now with no issues, so not sure where to delete the install folder.

I have found a folder called install in CPANEL (I have attached an image). The actual INSTALL folder doesn`t give the option to delete, so is it the contents I should get rid of, or am I looking totally in the wrong place.

Pulling hair out now ....... hoping someone can help !!!

Thanks in advance

Phil

post-206178-0-73546200-1505390478_thumb.jpg