PrestaShop 1.7.x installation requirements

Hi 

Requirements as advised by the PrestaShop 1.7.x installation documentation on a hosted server are as follows:

What you need to get started

System requirements:

• PHP 5.4 or later.
  • Must-have PHP extensions (in the php.ini file): PDO_MySQL, cURL, SimpleXML, mcrypt, GD, OpenSSL, DOM, SOAP, Zip, fileinfo.

I'm however running XAMPP/PHP 7.1.8  local on Windows 10 for testing purposes.

PHP extensions SimpleXML, mcrypt and DOM are not extensions included in this XAMPP/PHP version.

Reading about these extensions it appears that mcript is deprecated in XAMPP/PHP 7.1.8.

I have been trying to obtain these extension as the Theme (1.7.x) I would like to test requires these extensions. I assume this is only if installed on a hosted server.

I don't have enough knowledge about the above but before I buy the Theme I would appreciate if there is someone who can give me some insight if the Theme will run locally without these extensions.

Thanks

Paul  :)

Hello,

Is Prestashop itself running properly on your local server?

If yes, then your new theme should run without any problem too, because the theme consists of templates, stylesheets and javascript files. If there is a special module attached to the theme that needs one of those php extensions, then those modules may fail to work but not the theme itself. So you better contact theme developer and get confirmation from him.