Paypal Email Configure your firewall settings before October 2017

ZiggyDooCatBoutique

I received this email from paypal and I have no idea what it means. Does this have to do with the way Prestashop talks to paypal payflow? Or is it something that not even related to Prestashop at all?  I am currently using Prestashop 1.6

Here is the email text:
"Configure your firewall settings before October 2017.
As part of our on-going commitment to provide a more robust service, Payflow will be introducing additional IP addresses to both the production and pilot environments. To minimize potential impact, we recommend that you use Domain Name Service (DNS) host names instead of hard-coding Payflow IP addresses.
However, if you must allow particular IP addresses through your firewall or proxy servers, please review our list of Payflow IP addresses to ensure that the appropriate IPs are configured in your firewall/proxy settings before mid-October 2017. "

You are a paypal customer, and paypal is making changes to their infrastructure and as such, they are sending you a warning.  It doesn't necessarily mean you have to do anything at all, but they are giving you this advanced noticed incase you do.

So you will need to verify with your hosting provider that they do not have any firewall rules that would prevent access to the paypal IP or DNS names.

You don't mention what Paypal module you are using, but it is possible the module would require an update to accommodate their changes

• Like 1

The Paypal Europe module, which is now supposed to work globally would be my first suggestion.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/1748-paypal-official.html

Make sure you download the version for PS v1.6.  There might be a slight change to the module required if your Stores country is set to USA or Canada, but it is a pretty simple change.

Otherwise you might consider using one of the Paypal modules from Presto Changeo

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/8-prestashop-payment-modules

Or another option is to go with a provider like Braintree, which is owned by Paypal.  That will allow you to accept credit cards, paypal, apple pay etc..

• Like 1