Is Prestashop 1.7 faster than 1.6 ?

Did I hear that 1.7 is faster than 1.6 ?

I had to upgrade my old hosting to run 1.6.

1.7 based on new framework and when features enabled and hosting configured too support browser cache is much faster than 1.6 

in 1.7  we have feature of one CCC for .js/.css for all pages.   Prior to 1.7 each unique page (.tpl) had different CCC .js/.css file and was why many prestanerds debated value of existing CCC because of this.  There was some experimental work done with one CCC .js all pages in 1.6, the beta shop was scarey fast and more importantly we saw only 10% increase in size of target CCC .js file.  

Flow: 1.7 initial visit the CCC of .js/.css is cached in browser then all subsequent page views will use the cached .js/.css.  This significantly reduces page render start and completion.

For developers 1.7 also introduced 'asset manager', here developers can now set priority and important asset attributed 'async/defer' that will allow us to write new works that 'cause no harm', i.e. specify .js file with attribute defer, so as not to block page render start.  Along with other improved developer environment I see an excellent future in the ecms for PrestaShop.

• Like 1